      From: Richards <jruing@...>
      To: loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:59:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [loopantennas] Re: New file uploaded to loopantennas

      Yes. I did ask Wellbrook about it. Also about the use
      of a compacted loop as in our friend's application. I
      thought this model used a loop of about 3-5 meters on a
      side. I am wondering how I would deploy such a 5-meter
      on a side loop in my new backyard... I liked the way
      our compatriot compacted the loop and asked Wellbrook
      if it would perform as well as the original design.

      I will post up what they say, if anything. So far, they
      are kinda pushing me to the 1530+ as the one to get, as
      opposed to the more expensive ALA 330. (I asked them to
      identify their best SW antenna, indicating I only occasionally
      look for MW DX) and they mentioned the ALA 330, but also
      pushed the lower cost ALA 1530+, claiming it had 18 dB
      greater gain.

      So... I cannot make up my mind.