1981Re: [loopantennas] Re: Source for PEX

  • Paul Birke
    Mar 2, 2006
      Dear Be

      OK I will try that, it is nice to see it may be the
      way to go.
      Will try Paul
      thanks so much

      --- bhtongue <eug4not@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Paul,

      I've found that the OD of the 1/2" ferrite rods I
      purchased from CWS
      ByteMark several years ago varied slightly. Most fit
      easily into the
      1/2" PEX tubing I obtained from Sears and Emco
      Industrial Plastics. If
      one makes a longitudinal slit with a razor blade in
      some PEX tubing, I
      have found that it will then easily accomadate a
      slightly oversixe
      rod.

      Best regards,

      Ben

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Paul Birke
      <nonlinear@...> wrote:

      > Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
      > than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods
      >
      > got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
      > curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
      > ferrite rod experiments
      >
      > but thanks for your suggestion
      >
      > Paul
      >

      > --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > You might also check with local heating and plumbing
      > contractors. PEX
      > is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if
      they've
      > ever done one,
      > they invariably would have some left over. A
      friendly
      > phone call and
      > a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
      > trade for a a few
      > feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

      > For uploading images, I prefer the Files section
      since
      > Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
      > moderators) to see a max of 300x400.
      >
      > Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

      > Shortwave radio
      > Grundig shortwave radio

      > Ham radio antenna

      > Ham radio sales

      > Ham radio repeaters

      > Ham radio outlet

      Yahoo!
      > Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      If you've got links, post them in the Links section!

      Post files here. If the file comes from a website,
      please put it in the Links rather than uploading the
      file.

      You can now view images at higher resolution in
      Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert
      BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.

      And please trim all this when replying!

      Terms of Service.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic