10665Re: [loopantennas] Cores for Dallas Lankford antennas [1 Attachment]

  • Jack Smith
    Jul 3, 2014
      Chris:

      How many 35T0501 cores do you need? I can send a few to you, but I don't have the larger cores on hand.

      The version of Dallas's J310/J271 amplifier that I sell (Z10130A) does not use 35T0501 cores. http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z10130a_fet_follower.htm for details.

      The larger cores are used as common mode chokes in Dallas's design, and I would try DigiKey's PN 495-3857-ND as a substitute. It's an EPCOS part 34mm diameter, PN B64290L48X830 and should have similar performance to the Steward part.

      If you absolutely have to have the Steward parts, and if you have a semi-plausible company name, call Steward's sales number and ask for samples.

      Jack K8ZOA

      On 7/3/2014 1:15 PM, Chris Waldrup kd4pbj@... [loopantennas] wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      Sorry to be slow in responding. The circuit is the dual ungrounded active flag on page 7. It calls for the Steward cores.
      I checked and Steward seems to be based here in town (Chattanooga area) but they have been unresponsive to requests to purchase small quantities of their cores. The last time I checked, Digi Key didn't stock them.

      http://www.dxing.info/equipment/new_active_mw_antennas.pdf

      Chris
      KD4PBJ
      Tracy City, TN