10654Re: [loopantennas] Steward cores cross for Dallas Lankford antennas?

  • Jack Smith
    Jul 1, 2014
      35T0501 is back to being stocked by DigiKey, although I see they only have 2 pieces in stock as of this morning. It was dropped for a while and then restored with a minimum buy of 8,000 pieces but it's now available in quantity 1 and up. Also shows the 35T1417 parts as being in stock at DigiKey.

      These are 'non stock' items but are shown as being available for purchase in quantity 1 and up.

      35T mix has a relative permeability of 5000, so a similar FairRite or EPCOS core should be substitutable.

      The 10H indicates the core is burnished and coated with epoxy; the 00 is, as I recall, just burnished, not coated.

      Jack

      On 7/1/2014 9:52 AM, Andrew Ikin andrew.ikin@... [loopantennas] wrote:

      Chris,

      If you let me have a link to the Dallas Article I may be able to work out an alternative core type.

      Btw, I have 10 of the 35T0501-10H

      Kind regards

      Andrew

      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 2:07 PM
      Subject: [loopantennas] Steward cores cross for Dallas Lankford antennas?

      Hi,

      I have plans to build some of Dallas Lankford's active loops. I see he uses Steward cores that seem to now be unobtanium.
      They are:
      35T0501-10H
      35T1417-00H

      Does anyone have cross reference information to a Micrometals/Amidon part number for these toroids?

      Chris
      KD4PBJ

      Sent from Mailbox

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic