      Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [loopantennas] Ala 100la antenna question

      Thanks Andy!!   You're right I forgot all about the voltage feed.   Glad I asked.  While I have your ear. I have an older wellbrook " - center" power supply and I have a newer + center power unit.  Is it true that I can use either of these with the antenna unit as long as I have the polaritys correct on the power unit  I.e.  - center walkway with negative center power unit. + center power unit with positive center power unit

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 10, 2014, at 12:19 PM, "Andrew Ikin andrew.ikin@... [loopantennas]" <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello John,

      Under no circumstances use 300 Ohm twin lead.

      There are 3 issues to consider:

      A reverse polarity on the feeder would damage the head Amp.

      If you get it to work, there may be instability.

      The feeder will be un-balanced and pick up local noise.

      Kind regards

      Andrew

      Andrew Ikin e-mail: sales@...
      andy@...

      Wellbrook Communications

      Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:49 PM
      Subject: [loopantennas] Ala 100la antenna question

      Hi. I have a wellbrook ala100. La (large aperture) loop antenna. I purchased this about 3 or 4 years ago and I'm finally getting around to really using it. My question is can I feed it with 300 ohm twin lead??. I have two rolls of this lead in and I would like to put it to good use instead of purchasing coax. Thankyou. John

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic