10613Re: [loopantennas] References on passive broadband small loops

  • Maxwell Mclellan
    Jun 5, 2014
      G'day again, I would suggest that you construct a temporary transformer using a split ferrite clip on device. Used to clamp on cables for interference reduction. It is much easier to wind different ratios on a split ferrite than on a toroid type. However, I think you might be disappointed with the results from a single turn loop. Give it a go by all means. Regards again Max vk2tti.

      Sent from my iPad

      On 6 Jun 2014, at 4:32 pm, "'pu3hag.l@...' pu3hag.l@... [loopantennas]" <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Max. It'd be a single turn, 1 meter diameter or a bit more, untuned. The loop terminal would be connected to a step up xmfr.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 6, 2014, at 3:25 AM, "Maxwell Mclellan vk2tti@... [loopantennas]" <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Greetings from vk2tti,
      Is the loop to be
      * single or multi turn or
      * tuned with capacitor?
      with regards.

      Sent from my iPad

      On 6 Jun 2014, at 3:53 pm, "'pu3hag.l@...' pu3hag.l@... [loopantennas]" <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello,

      I'm planning to experiment with a small loop (circular shape, 1 meter dia) passively connected to the 50R feed line. It'd be used for reception in LF and MF bands.

      I was checking the web and found diagrams and notes recommending step up transformer ranging from 1:10 to 1:100.

      Would you recall any references discussing this type of loop and the needed step up xmfr?

      All tips and suggestions are welcome!

      Thank you,

      -- pu3hag huelbe

      Sent from my iPhone