10597Best ferrite matierial for tropical band?

  • n3ikq
    May 30, 2014

      I've built a stand alone LF and bcb loopstick antenna (basically a Palstar LA30 clone) using type 33 and 61 ferrite rods for LF and BCB. So far so good, it works great. To finish up the project I'd like to build a tropical band plug in as well. What would be the best type 7.5 inch ferrite rod and Litz for higher frequencies into the tropical bands? I'm thinking that type 61 would work but there is a type 43 on eBay right now supposedly good for >2Mhz. Thanks for any advice.