10596Fw: Painting the MFJ loop

  • Alan Sutherland
    May 24, 2014

      On Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:51 PM, Alan Sutherland <alan.sutherland43@...> wrote:

      After much research on the Web and useful advice from members, I painted the black housing of my MFJ loop white, using a good quality acrylic paint. My concerns were about the titanium dioxide TiO2 pigment in the paint. Other members assured me this is not metal in the sense of free electrons that could interfere with tuning.
      The loop has now been tested and tunes up well on its intended bands. It stands out much less on the balcony of a white apartment building, once we move there.

      73 and thanks again to all who contributed.

      Alan DH2AS  (G4HEQ)