10594Re: [loopantennas] Re: MFJ-1788 housing needs painting

  • Alan Sutherland
    May 10, 2014
      Thanks, Rick. This forum is very useful!
      73
      Alan DH2AS (G4HEQ)

      On Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:37 AM, "gnuarm.2006@... [loopantennas]" <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The acetone in paint or primer evaporates very quickly and so has little chance to permeate the substrate.  I did a search for ABS and Acetone and found some interesting info on using a heated acetone vapor to smooth ABS printed parts where they left the parts in the vapors for an hour or more.    From what I saw I think you will be very safe with the paint.

      Rick

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic