10585MFJ-1788 housing needs painting

  • Alan Sutherland
    May 5, 2014
      Hi All:

      Before moving to an apartment with balcony, where the MFJ loop will stick out like a sore thumb, I need to paint its black ABS housing white or another light color.
      MFJ advise us not to use a paint containing metal.
      I have researched and found that nearly all exterior paints, in Europe at least, where I live, contain titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
      Is the concentration of TiO2 so small and dispersion so great that it does not affect tuning of the loop?
      Does anyone have experience of painting this housing?
      Please share your experience or ideas with me and others.
      73
      Alan DH2AS (G4HEQ in UK)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic