10503RE: air core loop antenna balun

  • kb8nty
    Feb 18, 2014

      M6MRP-Phil,

      I have also been following this fellow and his balun.

      Seems the reviews are quite positive and yes the balun ratio seems to be more in-line with matching a loop's resonance. Hard to be 100% sure though!

      A bit back he posted the actual details and winding diagram, but checking back to help answer your request, I notice he has taken those specifics off his site and eBay, but still includes all the swr plots etc.

      I'm thinking I had bookmarked that information...I will try to look and see if it's still there for you.

      On a brighter note as an established eBay top rated and power seller, I do know eBay had set up a global shipping program!...This makes the out of US purchasing and shipping much less expensive...However the big issue is the eBay seller needs to sign up to take part in this program, don't know why he wouldn't as it really don't cost the seller all that much more to take part, and it allows exposure to sell world-wide right on eBay.

      Take a look on his eBay listings, don't recall his eBay handle, but you can search the item, I think it's called the AG6IF talented balun, and also loop antenna as he sells the balun alone or with the loop antenna wire.

      His listing will say if it's set up for eBays global shipping program, if not you can message him-through eBay and request he set it up.

      It will sure be less expensive shipping using the global shipping program, than buying and shipping through normal channels.

      I'll look to see if I still have his balun design details bookmarked, but may take a few days as I'm in and out of my QTH here recently.

      Good Luck Friend!

      -73-

      Ross  -KB8NTY-

      www.rossradio.net