10501Re: [loopantennas] re: Alpha Loop

  • 2a60a4f2ae23f2f4cff2ac64dc12c6a6
    Feb 18, 2014
      If some owns a Alpha Loop antenna can they post some clear pictures of the coupling box and antenna in general. I think these are great antennas for portable use, from descriptions I have heard they are well built but even the manufacture does not have clear pictures of the antenna on their web page. There are hundreds of pictures of the Alex Loop antenna and with this being a the same type of antenna, it would be great to compare the way they are made. I am currently working on a Aluminum loop antenna made from 5/8 inch wide strips of flat bar about 1/8 inch thick. They bolt together and have a permanent bend to them so when assembled form a near perfect 4 foot diameter loop. I am using 1/4 inch Teflon insert lock nuts, washers and bolt to assemble the antenna. Takes a little more time to assemble than the Alex loop but over all I like the way I have it. From the pictures of the Alpha loop, they seem very similar. Don't have any idea what type of capacitor is used in the Alpha loop but at this point it really does not matter. This loop design is always up for improvements. But if anyone has one of the Alpha loop, some clear pictures and descriptions would be great!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic