10488Re: [loopantennas] Loop Antenna Balun

  • Richard (Rick) Karlquist
    Feb 14, 2014
      A 100 foot long receive loop makes no sense. Receive loops
      need to be less than 1/3 wavelength at the highest frequency,
      which would limit you to 3 MHz. You should probably be looking
      at a Pixel or Wellbrook loop, 3 foot diameter. You should
      be able to deploy that even in an HOA.

      Rick N6RK

      On 2/14/2014 10:12 AM, hmholden69@... wrote:
      > I live in an area that has HOA rules against outdoor sw antennas. I
      > think my best bet is a stealth loop antenna laid directly on the roof.
      > It would be trapezoidal in shape and about 100 feet long. I want to feed
      > the receiver with small coax {RG 174}. I want to make a balun on a
      > ferrite rod or air core type. I have some torrid cores but go crazy
      > trying to wind them. Any ideas on the ratio I need {4:!, 9:1, etc} and a
      > place to get plans for winding.This will be a receive only antenna.
      >
      > Harry

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic