10485Measuring very small AC resistances

  • John Maxwell
    Feb 12, 2014
      I was perusing Chris Trask / N7ZWYChris Trask's paper "A Simple
      Varactor-Tuned Loop Antenna Matching Network", wherein he makes the
      sensible statement "...and the designer should always rely to
      measured data, especially when designing matching networks."

      And it occurred to me: I have no idea how to measure _any_ AC
      resistance (as distinct from impedance), let alone the sub-ohm values
      he's talking about in that context.

      A few minutes work with Google turned up this:

      http://www.tnlc.ncsu.edu/files/testing/manuals/ImpedanceMeasurementHandbookRev3.pdf

      which looks to be a decent introduction to the subject; I'm digesting
      it now, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has any advice/pointers/lore on
      the subject.

      So?

      -John

      --
      John Maxwell KB3VLL jmax@...

      Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic