Overseas births to British Citizens

  • chrissyk123
    Message 1 of 66 , Aug 13, 1999
      Hi, I am in need of advice. My birth mother was
      born in India in 1941. Her father was an officer in
      the British army at the time and stationed there. I
      cannot find any reference to her birth on UK records. I
      have checked the GRO British Birth Indexes, the GRO
      Army Birth Indices and the GRO Army Chaplain Birth
      Indices but her birth is not listed. Should I be looking
      at the Indian birth records, even though her parents
      were in the army? She is also an only child. I have
      lots of info on her but still constantly hit brick
      walls in my search.<br><br>I appreciate any help anyone
      can give<br>Chrissy
    • jnews2001
      Message 66 of 66 , Apr 12, 2002
        --- In lookupunitedkingdom@y..., Circe1964 wrote:
        > Hi People ! <br>I need the current location of
        > the Dad of my son.<br>If anyone can help me or give
        > me a hint how to find his new adress somewhere on
        > the wirral i'd be so happy. I only have his current
        > office telephone no. and of course he doesnt give me his
        > adress because i might sue him for the maintenance of
        > our child. What can i do ? <br>cheers and thanks for
        > your help in advance<br>Circe if you give me details i might be
        able to help i live on the wirral so i have access to some
        information e-mail jnews2001@...