Love for Kids

  • Brenda
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2010
      I would like to see if anyone is interested in doing this event. Please email me by Sunday Nov. 7th, if you are interested. If we have enough people that are willing to volunteer we will get it set up.

      December 11, 8:30 a.m. at Circle R Ranch, 5901 Cross Timbers Rd. , Flower Mound , TX 75022

      LOVE FOR KIDS hosts approximately 3,000 children from all ethnic groups for the largest Christmas Party for underprivileged children in Texas . The party is by invitation only and groups are invited through local recreation centers, schools and other agencies from a master list that has been accumulated over many years.

      Children between the ages of 6 - 12 enjoy a day of entertainment. Each child is also given a brand new toy furnished by guests of the annual "Margarita Ball". Additional toys are needed & solicited for this event as well as to distribute to dozens of local agencies through Christmas week.

      We need adult volunteers or high school students to assist with the following: serving hot dogs & cold drinks, horseback riding, carnival games, bounce house, art & crafts, face painting, sand art, arena games, stage entertainment, hay rides, basketball, clean-up, and more.

      VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN AREA: 8:30 - 9:15 AM (Sign up any area/position of your choice. The earlier you get there, the more likely you'll get the area you want. Coffee and donuts will be provided.)

      PARTY TIME FOR THE KIDS: 10:00 - 1:00 PM

      "There's a friendly contest between the non-profit organizations/volunteer groups and we would like to win this year! :)

      Ceremony will follow after the kids depart.

      A volunteer appreciation lunch will follow.

      The party will be held regardless of the weather.

      Thank You

      Brenda Shelton
      VP of Activities Lone Star Skiers