Re: [londonbearsmovieclub] Last night's film

  • northstarxman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hey Guys,
      I only joined the group last saturday when someone recomended the group to
      me, I did try to get tickets for the Superman movie but they were sold out.
      Anyway the reason im writing is to see if you only have your movie trips on
      saturdays? (just that i work 3 saturdays a month and dont get out till gone
      5pm so its not enough time to get to London) Wondered if you ever did trips on
      sundays as im always off that day.
      Anyway really great to find your group and i hope to meet you guys sometime
      soon, take care, Dj

    • Ricky
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 15, 2009
        --- In londonbearsmovieclub@yahoogroups.com, Vince Deehan <vince@...>
        wrote:
        > Thanks to everybody who joined us last night to see SLUMDOG
        MILLIONAIRE.

        Unfortunatley i could not make it on Saturday, but have since seen
        the film and have to agree, it was well worth watching.

        Played catch up and saw Changeling which was the group film when I
        was taking my turn with the flu. Quite surprised by how good that was.

        Managed to see The Reader last night, which was our other contender
        for January's film. Heartily recommend it.

        > I would like to suggest MILK.
        > http://www.milkmovie.co.uk/

        I'm pretty much sold on Milk. i remember reading The Mayor of Castro
        Street: The Life and Times of Harvey Milk by Randy Schilts, and if
        the film is anywhere near as interesting as Shilts's account, then it
        should be good.

        > Please post your suggestion, only one per person please, by this
        Friday.

        The only other film I fancy seeing that is released that week is
        Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

        http://www.benjaminbutton.com/