RE: [londonbearsmovieclub] December meal

  • huw.williams@rbkc.gov.uk
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2005
      Martin

      Do you think that we will need to book or will it be safe to just turn up.

      Huw

      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2005
        I have no idea... Really depends how many people come to dinner... If we are
        just 4 or 5 I doubt there will be a problem.... If we are more we can let
        them know we are coming....

        Martin

      • Master Gus
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2005
          Oddly, my local Pizza Express has a somewhat vague policy on bookings. You can only book for special occasions and large parties. Can't speak for the London branches though. If there are going to be more than 6 in attendance then would be wise to advise them, else we may not be seated together, or could all be placed in a row of those cast iron and faux marble tables they have. Hardly conducive to a decent discussion!

          So what time? I guess that will depend on the film times though....

          MMaanon@... wrote:
          I have no idea... Really depends how many people come to dinner... If we are
          just 4 or 5 I doubt there will be a problem.... If we are more we can let
          them know we are coming....

          Martin

          Wallace and gromit Alaska bear viewing Bear viewing

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 16, 2006
            I want to see Good night good Luck as my first choice with 'walk the line' as my second choice.

            can this please be included as a vote.

            huw

            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 16, 2006
              Is it worth considering setting up the polls for each individual to place films
              in order of preference, rather than just select one? It might be that there are
              more people in agreement over the second choice one month than there are for
              the first choice, especially when there is a split on first choice.

              Quoting huw.williams@...:

            • huw.williams@rbkc.gov.uk
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 16, 2006
                I agree Ricky it might be a good idea.

                huw

                Is it worth considering setting up the polls for each individual to place films
                in order of preference, rather than just select one? It might be that there are
                more people in agreement over the second choice one month than there are for
                the first choice, especially when there is a split on first choice.

                Quoting huw.williams@...:

                > I want to see Good night good Luck as my first choice with 'walk the line' as
                > my second choice.
                >
                > can this please be included as a vote.
                >
                > huw

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                [&

                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 16, 2006
                  Hi Ricky,

                  You wrote:

                  >Is it worth considering setting up the polls for each individual to place films
                  >in order of preference, rather than just select one? It might be that there are
                  >more people in agreement over the second choice one month than there are for
                  >the first choice, especially when there is a split on first choice.

                  I see your point, but practically I don't see how I can do this.

                  Vince
                • Fred Bender
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 17, 2006
                    Hi there,
                    voted for February and my first choice was "A cock
                    and bull story"-my second choice would be "Walk in
                    line" just in chace there is a split,
                    best regards Fred
                    --- huw.williams@... wrote:

                    ---------------------------------
                    I agree Ricky it might be a good idea.

                    huw

                    Is it worth considering setting up the polls for each
                    individual to place films
                    in order of preference, rather than just select one?
                    It might be that there are
                    more people in agreement over the second choice one
                    month than there are for
                    the first choice, especially when there is a split on
                    first choice.

                    Quoting huw.williams@...:

                    > I want to see Good night good Luck as my first
                    choice with 'walk the line' as
                    > my second choice.
                    >
                    > can this please be included as a vote.
                    >
                    > huw

                    Yahoo! Groups
                    > web site listed above.
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >

                    > [&

                    > The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
                    >
                    > This e-mail may contain information which is
                    confidential, legally privileged
                    > and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended
                    for the addressee only.
                    > If you receive this in error, please contact the
                    sender and delete the
                    > material from your computer.

                    removed]

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    [&
                    The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

                    This e-mail may contain information which is
                    confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright
                    protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee
                    only. If you receive this in error, please contact the
                    sender and delete the material from your computer.

                    Wallace and gromit
                    Alaska bear viewing
                    Bear viewing

                    Terms of Service.

                    ---------------------------------

                  • Master Gus
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 18, 2006
                      Vince,

                      Yahoo do provide a multi option choice though not an order of preference: though it is too late for this month now (without starting from scratch) when you set up the polls you just need to click the radio button in the additional options below the question and answers labelled 'vote for one or more choices' - the default is 'vote for one choice' which you currently use....

                      Gus

                      Vince Deehan <vince@...> wrote:
                      Hi Ricky,

                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                        Dear all

                        I have no preference for dates in December but would like to suggest that given that what ever date it is that we make a night of it. The film is likely to be near xmas and I would like to suggest that we perhaps go for a meal afterwards, it does not have to be anything posh. This Saturday I
                        discovered a very good Whaggamamas (spelling may be wrong) on Lexington street which is very near to the Kings Arms. The meal was not too pricey, and the service was good. They specialise in Thai food.

                        We have been out for a meal after a film a couple of times before, once for pizza and once for Whagamamas on the south bank.

                        What do people think??

                        We can still go for a drink in the kings afterwards.

                        Huw