Re: [londonbearsmovieclub] Tonight's film

  • Keith Beach
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 1, 2009
      2*009/11/1 Vince Deehan **<vince@...>**
      *

      > * Our next film will be on Saturday, November 28th.*
      >
      > * Please post a film suggestion (only one per person) to the group and I
      > will put up a poll next Friday so we can vote for our favourite.*

      Can I propose

      Mr. Right <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0882789/>

      I can't find any details for the Prince Charles showings, but it allegedly
      opens on Nov 27th.

      Keith

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 19, 2014
        Thank you to everyone who joined us this evening to see PRIDE at the
        Odeon Covent Garden. I think there were about 13 of us in total. I hope
        you all enjoyed the evening.

        The film was superb and recieved a big round of applause at the end -
        only special films get that, and this was a special film.

        An amazing story which would have been hard to believe in if they had
        made it up, but hugely powerful once you realise it really did happen.
        Very funny in parts but also very moving, but not in a sentimental way.

        The scene which really got to me was where Imelda Staunton's character
        speaks Welsh on the phone to the estranged Welsh gay man, Gethin.

        If you haven't seen this film yet, I urge you to do go and see it.

        It opens in the US next Friday. It'll be interesting to see how it does
        over there.

        Have a great weekend everybody.