The Highlander Challenge

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 7:55 AM

      I hope you are all well.

      This is off-topic, but I think it will interest some of you. If any of
      you are fans of watching Britain's Strongest Man on Channel 5, you may
      not be aware that a similar show is currently hidden away early on
      Sunday mornings on Channel 4. It's called The Highlander Challenge. It's
      well worth a look, not least for the wrestling competition towards the
      end.

      This is link to today's episode.
      <Http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless-catchup.jsp?vodBrand=the-
      highlander-challenge>

      Last week's first episode can be watched via 4OD - there is a link on
      the same page.

      Thanks to Huw for discovering this little gem.

      Our next film will be SOMERS TOWN on Saturday, September 20th. I will
      announce the time and cinema, as soon as the listings are available.

      Have a great week everybody.

      Vince
    • Robert Miles
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9 2:09 AM
        Hi Vince

        My name is Robert - I have been a member for ages, but never been to a screening with you guys before. I was wondering where you are meeting up on Sat the 20th? and at what time? Do you book tickets beforehand?

        Many thanks, and looking forward to coming along.

        Robert.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9 8:12 AM
          Hi Robert,

          Thanks for your message.

          >My name is Robert - I have been a member for ages,

          I've just discovered you joined in May 2006! I'm glad you're finally
          going to join us for a film.

          >but never been to a screening with you guys before. I was wondering
          >where you are meeting up on Sat the 20th? and at what time? Do you book
          >tickets beforehand?

          We don't know where and when yet, as the listings aren't available but
          it's usually a Central London cinema at around 6pm-ish. I won't know
          till about Tuesday of next week. I will announce them as soon as I know.
          You can book yourself a ticket in advance once I've sent the details to
          the group, or buy one on the day if there are any still available.

          Looking forward to meeting you too.