Today's film

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2008

      I hope you are all well.

      For those of you are joining us this afternoon to see THE DARK KNIGHT at
      the BFI IMAX cinema, let's meet outside the cinema at about 5pm.

      I would encourage everyone to bring along their booking e-mail or at
      least bring along the booking reference number, in case they have a
      computer malfunction like last month. It may be the only way to ensure
      you might get to sit in your chosen seat, if their computers are down.

      After the film, we'll head off for a bite to eat together. Possibly
      Wagamama on the South Bank, if we can get in, but I am open to any other
      suggestions.

      Here are the details of how to get to the IMAX cinema:
      http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/how_to_get_here

      See you all later.

      Vince
    • Bingo Oo
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2008
        Thanks Vince for organising today's movie, it was a nice evening especially the dinner, coffee and crazy fountain that Rikki made us get in.

        Thanks everyone for the nice company.

        Regards,
        Asser G.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2008
          Thanks for the message, Asser. I'm very glad you enjoyed the evening.
          It's great to get positive feedback.

          Thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday. We had six people in total.
          We were expecting to see Martin, who had booked the seat in front of me
          and Huw. We hope you are okay, Martin. Please let us know.

          Thanks to our newcomer Martyn (not the same Martin, as above), who
          joined us for the first time yesterday. It was a pleasure to meet you. I
          hope you enjoyed the evening and will join us for future films.

          After the film, five of us went for a great meal at Wagamama on the
          South Bank. Before and after the meal we were all playing around in the
          water fountains outside the Festival Hall. Thanks to Ricky for
          'encouraging' Asser to join in the fun! It was a blast! After the meal
          we went for a quick coffee inside the Festival Hall.

          Our next film will be on Saturday, September 20th. Now is the time for
          people to suggest a film. To see which films are being released, have a
          look here:
          <http://www.launchingfilms.com/releaseschedule/schedule.php?sort=date&dat
          e=today#>

          I will put up a poll next Friday so we can vote on which film to see,
          depending on whether we get more than one suggestion.

          I would like to suggest SOMERS TOWN, which is from the director of a
          brilliant film we saw last year, THIS IS ENGLAND.
          http://www.somers-town.com/

          Have a great week everyone,

          Vince

          >Thanks Vince for organising today's movie, it was a nice evening
          >especially the dinner, coffee and crazy fountain that Rikki made us get
          >in.

          >Thanks everyone for the nice company.

          >Regards,
          >Asser G.
        • Ricky
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 17, 2008
            I'd like to add my thanks for an enjoyable eveneing. Leaving aside
            Batman's odd voice disguise, it was a good film. Heath Ledger's
            interpretation of the Joker was brilliant. As for the voice disguise,
            love this You tube spoof:

            http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

            (if the link doesn't work just check out YouTube for "The Dark Knight-
            Joker Interrogation Scene Spoof")

            The meal and post meal coffee made for a pleasant evening.

            As for "encouraging" Asser, all I did was offer to hold his jacket!

            --- In londonbearsmovieclub@yahoogroups.com, Vince Deehan <vince@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009

              I hope you are all well.

              Today we are going to the 6:20pm screening of SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE at
              the Odeon Covent Garden in Shaftesbury Ave. Tickets cost 10.50 and can
              be bought at the box office or online, here:
              https://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/booking/s81/p1422695/

              Tickets are selling briskly, so it might be wise to book online, to
              avoid disappointment.

              Seating in the Standard seating area is supposedly unreserved, though I
              noticed they are now specifying seat numbers on the tickets. This is
              confusing, but I've been told (by an usher) that we can still sit
              anywhere we like, except for the Premier seats.

              The random seats I have been given are H17 and H18. I have just now
              noticed that you have to select a seat with online booking. I'm starting
              to think that we won't be able to sit together after all. If everyone's
              tickets specifies a seat, its likely the vast majority of people will
              sit where they are told. I'm hoping this won't happen, but I reckon it's
              likely.

              Let's all meet in the foyer at about 6:10pm.

              See you all tonight.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009

                I hope you are all well.

                Just a quick reminder that today we are going to see LOOKING FOR ERIC at
                6:15pm at the Barbican. Let's meet on Level +4 outside Cinema 2 at about
                6pm. Tickets are 7.50 and can be booked online here:

                <https://www.barbican.org.uk/eticketing/performancelist.asp?ShoID=17061>

                So far we have the following seats booked, M4 M5 and M6.

                See you later.