Lead user research consultant job vacancy at Webcredible
- Due to continued growth, Webcredible is recruiting! We're looking for a
lead user research consultant to join our growing team on a permanent
basis in London, UK.
We're pretty good at information architecture here at Webcredible. We
don't however have one person specialising solely in this, so we're
looking for someone to coordinate our IA and near end UCD user research
ABOUT THE JOB
The job role entails:
- Putting into place internal processes and procedures for IA and UCD
- Continually developing, coordinating and managing the company's
overall IA offering
- Scoping and planning IA and UCD projects
- Mentoring and coordinating consultants running IA and UCD projects
- Running your own short- and long-term IA and UCD projects
- Liaising with clients and presenting work to them
- Running training courses and creating a new UCD course
Longer term, we envisage you becoming our head of user research, heading
up your own team within the company.
Sound good to you? Send your CV over and you could be working here
sooner than you think!
This isn't a junior role so you'll really need to know your stuff.
You'll need to demonstrate practical experience of all aspects of IA and
UCD, to include:
- Identifying user goals and conducting task analysis
- Creating personas based on research data
- Mapping out key content and process flows
- Performing content audits and creating site maps
- Generating customer scenario workflows
- Creating wireframes & interactive prototypes
- Other attributes we'll be looking for include:
Other attributes we'll be looking for include:
- Solid understanding of user experience design for the web
- Demonstrable design skills and ability to show relevant work
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to all levels,
including senior management
- Post-graduate qualification in Human Computer Interaction, User
Interface Design or similar
- Able to prioritise and manage workload autonomously and effectively
Most importantly though, you'll have outstanding communication skills
and will be exceptionally passionate about what you do.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV over and you could be working
here sooner than you think!
ABOUT WORKING AT WEBCREDIBLE
You'll be working on exciting projects with big name clients, helping
them develop and refine leading-edge solutions. It's not all client work
though. We don't want you burning out so will always give you a short
break between big projects and will encourage you to take time away from
client work to write articles or research white papers. Most importantly
though, we want you to have a life outside of work - we only work late
if we absolutely have to.
Here at Webcredible we're only as good as our people. As such, we don't
believe in having to follow the company direction; rather, the company
tries to follow the direction its people want to move in. You'll have
total ownership over your job and career progression path, with regular
career reviews and appraisals. It's up to you to decide the direction
you want to go in and we'll do whatever it takes to accommodate your
needs and make this happen.
You'll also meet with your manager every second Friday in a 1-2-1
meeting to discuss, well, anything you want to discuss about your job.
There are only two rules to what you say in these meetings: Everything's
free from judgment and said in total confidence.
In addition to being rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent
career advancement opportunities, you'll benefit from a number of perks:
- Flexible benefits package (you choose the benefits most important to
- 23 days holiday as well as a free day off on your birthday (plus
option to buy more holiday)
- Company pension scheme
- Flexitime (work to the hours that best suit you)
- Excellent career & skills development opportunities
- Commission on any leads generated
- 3-day personal training/conference budget per year
- Travel loan
- Free bi-weekly on-site massage
- Free gym membership
- Free book purchase every month
- Free team lunch every two weeks and evening social event every month
- Free fruit and fresh coffee every day (the most important of all!)
If you'd like to work as our lead user research consultant in a relaxed
environment, with a fast-growing dynamic usability and accessibility
consultancy then we want to hear from you ASAP! Send your CV over to
jobs@... and you could be working here sooner than you
think! Please include a brief summary of your core areas of expertise in
the main body of your e-mail.
Switchboard 0870 242 6095
Direct line 020 7423 6324
Mobile 07980 700832
Find out about our usability, accessibility and CSS training courses at
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]