In Area

  • mkgouge
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
      I am traveling to London from Feb. 16-22.

      I was wondering if there is a social gathering/cocktail hour during
      that time or if one could be inspired?

      I would love the opportunity to meet members of the IA community and
      find out more about work and living in the area. I am a recent
      graduate with a Master's in Information Science.

      Marianne Gouge
      mgouge@...
      www.unc.edu/~mgouge
      MSIS
      School of Information and Library Science
      University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill
    • claire rowland
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hi,

        It's far too long since we last had a get-together. I'm on hols between
        16th and 26th Feb, but does anyone else fancy organising something?

        Claire Rowland
        london-ia list owner

        > I am traveling to London from Feb. 16-22.
        >
        > I was wondering if there is a social gathering/cocktail hour during
        > that time or if one could be inspired?
        >
        > I would love the opportunity to meet members of the IA community and
        > find out more about work and living in the area. I am a recent
        > graduate with a Master's in Information Science.
        >
        > Marianne Gouge
        > mgouge@...
        > www.unc.edu/~mgouge
        > MSIS
        > School of Information and Library Science
        > University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > !DSPAM:42025d40163651852320630!

      • Margaret Hanley
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
          Anyone up for drinks on 17th Feb then?
          Old Bank of England on Fleet St.

          Mags

          --- claire rowland <claire@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > It's far too long since we last had a get-together. I'm
          > on hols between
          > 16th and 26th Feb, but does anyone else fancy organising
          > something?
          >
          > Claire Rowland
          > london-ia list owner
          >
          > > I am traveling to London from Feb. 16-22.
          > >
          > > I was wondering if there is a social gathering/cocktail
          > hour during
          > > that time or if one could be inspired?
          > >
          > > I would love the opportunity to meet members of the IA
          > community and
          > > find out more about work and living in the area. I am
          > a recent
          > > graduate with a Master's in Information Science.
          > >
          > > Marianne Gouge
          > > mgouge@...
          > > www.unc.edu/~mgouge
          > > MSIS
          > > School of Information and Library Science
          > > University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > > !DSPAM:42025d40163651852320630!
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ian Piper
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2005
            Hello all,

            I have been a lurker on this list for some time but am interested in
            meeting up with folks in the ia community. Are people likely to be
            meeting up on 17th? If so I think I might like to come along if that's
            OK.

            Thanks,

            Ian.
            --
            Ian Piper (ianpiper@...)
            --

            On 4 Feb 2005, at 3:07 pm, Margaret Hanley wrote:

            Anyone up for drinks on 17th� Feb then?
            Old Bank of England on Fleet St.

            Mags

            --- claire rowland <claire@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > It's far too long since we last had a get-together.� I'm
            > on hols between
            > 16th and 26th Feb, but does anyone else fancy organising
            > something?
            >
            > Claire Rowland
            > london-ia list owner
            >
            > > I am traveling to London from Feb. 16-22.
            > >
            > > I was wondering if there is a social gathering/cocktail
            > hour during
            > > that time or if one could be inspired?
            > >
            > > I would love the opportunity to meet members of the IA
            > community and
            > > find out more about work and living in the area.� I am
            > a recent
            > > graduate with a Master's in Information Science.
            > >
            > > Marianne Gouge
            > > mgouge@...
            > > www.unc.edu/~mgouge
            > > MSIS
            > > School of Information and Library Science
            > > University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > > !DSPAM:42025d40163651852320630!
            > >

            >�
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            >�
            >

            >�

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <297844_011705_300250_target.gif>
            <l.gif>

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            � To visit your group on the web, go to:

            � To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            � Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            Service.

          • Margaret Hanley
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
              It looks like this is the same night as William Hudson's
              card sort at UPA monthly, so instead of splitting between
              the two, Louise Ferguson has suggested merging the two
              together.

              http://www.louiseferguson.com/events.htm

              Mags
              --- Ian Piper <ianpiper@...> wrote:

              > Hello all,
              >
              > I have been a lurker on this list for some time but am
              > interested in
              > meeting up with folks in the ia community. Are people
              > likely to be
              > meeting up on 17th? If so I think I might like to come
              > along if that's
              > OK.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >

              > Ian.
              > --
              > Ian Piper (ianpiper@...)
              > --
              > Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
              > Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
              >
              > On 4 Feb 2005, at 3:07 pm, Margaret Hanley wrote:
              >

              > Anyone up for drinks on 17th  Feb then?
              > Old Bank of England on Fleet St.
              >
              > Mags
              >
              > --- claire rowland <claire@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > It's far too long since we last had a get-together.
              > I'm
              > > on hols between
              > > 16th and 26th Feb, but does anyone else fancy
              > organising
              > > something?
              > >
              > > Claire Rowland
              > > london-ia list owner
              > >
              > > > I am traveling to London from Feb. 16-22.
              > > >
              > > > I was wondering if there is a social
              > gathering/cocktail
              > > hour during
              > > > that time or if one could be inspired?
              > > >
              > > > I would love the opportunity to meet members of the
              > IA
              > > community and
              > > > find out more about work and living in the area.  I
              > am
              > > a recent
              > > > graduate with a Master's in Information Science.
              > > >
              > > > Marianne Gouge
              > > > mgouge@...
              > > > www.unc.edu/~mgouge
              > > > MSIS
              > > > School of Information and Library Science
              > > > University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill
              > > >

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > > >

              > > > !DSPAM:42025d40163651852320630!
              > > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <297844_011705_300250_target.gif>
              > <l.gif>
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
              > Terms of
              > Service.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Marianne Gouge
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
                That looks like a great event. I appreciate any opportunity to meet my
                colleagues in the UK.
                Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

                Sincerely,
                Marianne