Stewart Elementary Knitting Club needs needles!

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hello all--

      The knitting club at Stewart Elementary School needs needles!

      Ms. Madel, the teacher who runs the club, told me that they don't have
      enough needles for all the kids who want to learn to knit, and there
      is no budget for more supplies this school year. :-(

      They need straight needles size 8 and up, because the bigger straights
      are easiest for children to work with. They will happily accept orphan
      needles. And of course, they can use some yarn.

      Stewart Elementary is located in Uptown, near one of the research
      sites that I work in. This school serves many kids from poor
      families. The kids like to knit for charities, and several of them
      are currently working on mats to donate to animal shelters.

      If you have some unused needles or yarn that you would like to donate,
      I am happy to make sure they are delivered to the school. I'll be at
      our group this Thursday if you want to give them to me there.

      Best,

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
        Hi Joyce,

        I have some needles that I can pass on, and also a couple of balls of
        yarn. Don't let me forget to give them to you on Thursday.

        Hope to see you then!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
          Joyce,

          I contacted her through another listserv, but I haven't heard back. I don't
          know when I'll be able to make it to a meeting next, but I have some needles
          and yarn the kids are welcome to have. If you have an address or place I
          could drop them off, I would be happy to do that.

          -Becca