Looking for Volunteers...

  • Kelsey Byers
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hi all....

      My name is Kelsey. I have attended one of your meetings before, but just have been so
      busy and out of the game. Anyway...here is my deal.... I am a 23-year-old photography
      Student at Columbia College. I am
      forever interested in how we as women relate to eachother and communicate. I am
      starting a photography project for one of my senior projects and I would like to document
      the knitting groups that seem to be sprouting up all over chicago. I, myself, am a
      beginning knitter, so maybe I will learn some techniques in the process as well. What I am
      looking to do?....I plan on attending group meetings and getting to know everyone the
      best I can. I would like to photograph the meetings and maybe any willing individuals as
      well...
      I am not trying to invade your group just become a part of it and document it.

      Let me know ASAP if this would be alright for everyone.

      Thanks
      KElsey Byers
      bludrose23@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hello everyone! I think this is a cool project to
        support. What does everyone else think?

        Kelsey, it's good to hear from you! We hope to see
        you soon.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
          I know I'm no longer an active member (that damn commute), but I remember
          Kelsey. She came to the meeting that was at my house, and she was pretty
          cool. And her project sounds really neat. (That's just my two cents.)
          Also, there's a package pickup slip sitting on my kitchen table. I'm going
          to the post office first thing Saturday morning. I'm really hoping it might
          be that package Marcy mentioned. (Thanks Marcy!! And Denise!! And anyone
          else who was involved!) Any way, I'm pretty excited. I'll let you all
          know. California is nice, but I really really miss you guys. They have not
          discovered the concept of a knitting group in LA, but I'm going to try to
          start one.

          Yarn and peace,

          Marita

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
            It sounds fine to me.

            Marcy.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
              I know that I haven't been able to make it to a meeting in a long
              time, but I think the project sounds very cool. If I happened to be
              there when Kelsey was there, I would be happy to be a part of it!

              -Becca