reminder about GRAKNITTI

  • Inger Lena Gaasemyr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi Logan Square Knitters,

      Here is a reminder about the GRAKNITTI projects I am organizing. Please forward the info to friends and others who might be interested :-)
      Hope to see you on Sunday and see you this evening.
      Inger Lena

      PRESSRELEASE:

      GRAKNITTI OPENING IN THE PASEO GARDEN IN LOGAN SQUARE SUNDAY OCTOBER 1, 2006 from 1-6 pm.

      \nGRAKNITTI is a site-specific collaborative knitting art project exploring folkloristic and ethnographic patterns in the urban landscape. \nThrough visual signs GRAKNITTI will introduce new meanings of public and private spaces that open up for interactions among people.
      \n
      \nThe first GRAKNITTI location will be the Paseo Garden at 2616 N. Kedzie Boulevard near the Logan Square \'EL\' stop on the blue line in Chicago. \nSeven trees in the Paseo Garden has been decorated with knitted patterns to build community through social interaction. Opening reception Sunday October 1, 2006 from 1-6 pm. \nBring a camping chair and come and knit at the opening. If you don\'t know how to knit we will teach you! The GRAKNITTI installation will be on display until the trees lose their foliage. \n
      \n
      \nGRAKNITTI has been organized by the artist Inger Lena Gaasemyr (Norway) in collaboration with Jennifer Malloy (USA), Susanna Doodeman (Germany), Logan Square Knits, Architreasures, Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Logan Square Walks, The Norwegian Memorial Church and Logan Square residents. \n
      \n
      \nGRAKNITTI is part of "Beyond Boundaries", Chicago Artists\' Month 2006 ",1] ); //-->
      GRAKNITTI is a site-specific collaborative knitting art project exploring folkloristic and ethnographic patterns in the urban landscape. Through visual signs GRAKNITTI will introduce new meanings of public and private spaces that open up for interactions among people.

      The first GRAKNITTI location will be the Paseo Garden at 2616 N. Kedzie Boulevard near the Logan Square 'EL' stop on the blue line in Chicago. Seven trees in the Paseo Garden has been decorated with knitted patterns to build community through social interaction. Opening reception Sunday October 1, 2006 from 1-6 pm. Bring a camping chair and come and knit at the opening. If you don't know how to knit we will teach you! The GRAKNITTI installation will be on display until the trees lose their foliage.

      GRAKNITTI has been organized by the artist Inger Lena Gaasemyr (Norway) in collaboration with Jennifer Malloy (USA), Susanna Doodeman (Germany), Logan Square Knits, Architreasures, Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Logan Square Walks, The Norwegian Memorial Church and Logan Square residents.

      GRAKNITTI is part of "Beyond Boundaries", Chicago Artists' Month 2006
      \n
      \n-----------------------------------------------
      \nGRAKNITTI\nWorkshop/Performance
      \n
      \nSaturday October 14 and 21
      \nTime:  1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

      Come meet new neighbors in LakeView East during art 44.46 collaborative knitting project.

      \nStreet trees become knitted cozies in anticipation of winter, as this sculptural dialogue continue during October.

      Who:\n The artist Inger Lena Gaasemyr (Norway) in collaboration with Chicago citizens
      What: Collaborative knitting project, if you don\'t know how to knit - we will teach you!
      When: October 14, 21 - Saturdays from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm \n
      Where: Briar Street and N. Broadway Avenue - LakeView East
      Why: Build community through social interaction
      How: Bring a camping chair and come and knit, or bring old sweaters, old knitted items and we will use them to make sweaters for the trees \n

      \n\nGRAKNITTI is part of the 44/46 ART festival

      GRAKNITTI Workshop/Performance

      Saturday October 14 and 21
      Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

      Come meet new neighbors in LakeView East during art 44.46 collaborative knitting project.

      Street trees become knitted cozies in anticipation of winter, as this sculptural dialogue continue during October.

      Who: The artist Inger Lena Gaasemyr (Norway) in collaboration with Chicago citizens

      --
      gacm
      gaasemyr arts and cultural management