Re: Schedule for October and November

  • Nicole V
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 22, 2006
      Yeah, I just have the entire day free, so as long as it's not bright
      and early in the morning, it should be fine for me. I'm going to call
      my grandma and see how early she could come down because I know she'd
      love to join us.

      -Coley

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
        Hi Ann,

        I just want to let you know that I would love to come on your knitting
        retreat. The only reason I might not would be if Jamie and I spend
        that weekend with his family, which is unlikely considering that right
        now we plan to use up all of our vacation/travel budget visiting my
        family for the Canadian Thanksgiving in October.

        Thank you so much for your generous offer. I'm really look forward to
        it. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much interest there is
        from the rest of the group...

        your occasionally knitting neighbour,
        Denise

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis"
        <tcarp8@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have firmed up dates with my house partners, and
        > would like to offer the long weekend of November 10,
        > 11 and 12 for a knitting retreat at our vacation house
        > in Empire, Michigan. (See www.lelandreport.com for
        > some local information.) The accomodations are free,
        > and I'd suggest that for food we keep track of
        > receipts for what is cooked in the house. There are
        > at least two knit shops nearby that I know will still
        > be open in the fall, and more a half hour away in
        > Traverse City. We are a 5 minute walk from Lake
        > Michigan and surrounded by Sleeping Bear Dunes
        > National Lakeshore.
        >
        > Ideally I will leave our car home for my husband and
        > the kids, unless we prefer to all go together in a van
        > and then maybe I can swing a loaner from my parents.
        >
        > Let me know soonest who is interested in making a plan
        > and we can form a separate email group to set the
        > details.
        >
        > Ann
        >
        > --- "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > Hello Friends--
        > >
        > > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for
        > > October, and
        > > start thinking about the rest of winter.
        > >
        > > If I remember correctly, the following is what we
        > > discussed so far:
        > >
        > > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo
        > > Prairie Garden,
        > > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1
        > > to 6 PM
        > > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
        > > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of
        > > her choice
        > > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
        > >
        > > If anyone would like to host in November and
        > > December, dates would be:
        > >
        > > Sunday, Nov. 5
        > > Thursday, Nov. 9
        > > Sunday, Nov. 19
        > > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving
        > > Day. Maybe we
        > > should pick another date or take a break this week?
        > > Sunday, Dec. 3
        > > Thursday, Dec. 14
        > > Sunday, Dec. 17
        > > Thursday, Dec. 28
        > >
        > > Best,
        > >
        > > Joyce

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • catherine taylor
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
          Hey Y'all, Just wanted to send out an informal invite to meet at Uncommon Ground (3800 N. Clark) tonight, I'm meeting a friend and thought a few of y'all might like to join us. I think it would be a knitting friendly environment if you wanted to . . .
          I'll be driving there, so if you'd like to go and need a ride, shoot me a note.
          The Open Mic show starts at 7.
          Later, Cate

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
            After a long discussion with my grandma (I think I told her I needed
            to go to bed about 4 times before I finally got off the phone with
            her), I decided 2pm would probably be good. When it gets closer to
            the date, just drop me an email and I'll let you know my address.

            -Coley

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
              That's great, Coley. I'll put it on the calendar.

            • Goddess Cameron
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                Yeah! I am excited about Sunday meetings. Thursdays have been horrible for me lately. I've suddenly taken up rugby. ;) I will be there on the 15th.

                Also, about the photographer, seems cool to me.

                See you all next Sunday, finally.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                  As "the photographer" sundays work well for me as well since school is
                  closed and I dont work, so...see you guys then! Thanks for the support.

                  Kelsey

                  <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Friends--
                  >
                  > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for October, and
                  > start thinking about the rest of winter.
                  >
                  > If I remember correctly, the following is what we discussed so far:
                  >
                  > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo Prairie Garden,
                  > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1 to 6 PM
                  > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
                  > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of her choice
                  > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
                  >
                  > If anyone would like to host in November and December, dates would
                  be:

                  > Sunday, Nov. 5
                  > Thursday, Nov. 9
                  > Sunday, Nov. 19
                  > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving Day. Maybe we
                  > should pick another date or take a break this week?
                  > Sunday, Dec. 3
                  > Thursday, Dec. 14
                  > Sunday, Dec. 17
                  > Thursday, Dec. 28