Schedule for October and November

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
      Hello Friends--

      I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for October, and
      start thinking about the rest of winter.

      If I remember correctly, the following is what we discussed so far:

      Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo Prairie Garden,
      just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1 to 6 PM
      Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
      Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of her choice
      Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet

      If anyone would like to host in November and December, dates would be:

      Sunday, Nov. 5
      Thursday, Nov. 9
      Sunday, Nov. 19
      Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving Day. Maybe we
      should pick another date or take a break this week?
      Sunday, Dec. 3
      Thursday, Dec. 14
      Sunday, Dec. 17
      Thursday, Dec. 28

      Best,

      Joyce
    • Nicole V
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
        Yes, I'm definitely in for hosting on the 15th. I'm not sure what
        time works for everyone, but as long as it's not early it'd be fine.
        I'm hoping to talk my grandma into coming down for the day as well.

        I could probably take a few more in November or December as well.
        It's far enough in advance that as long as I mark it on the Google
        Calendar now, it's good.

        -Coley

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
          Coley,
          What we have found best is for you to pick a time that works for you
          and just let us know what it is. When we start trying to find times
          that work for everyone, we just can't.

          Marcy.

          On Thursday, September 21, 2006, at 07:19 AM, Nicole V wrote:

          > Yes, I'm definitely in for hosting on the 15th. I'm not sure what
          > time works for everyone, but as long as it's not early it'd be fine.
          > I'm hoping to talk my grandma into coming down for the day as well.
          >
          > I could probably take a few more in November or December as well.
          > It's far enough in advance that as long as I mark it on the Google
          > Calendar now, it's good.
          >
          > -Coley
          >
          > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce M. Fitzgerald"
          > <bigwildonion@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Friends--
          > >
          > > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for October, and
          > > start thinking about the rest of winter.
          > >
          > > If I remember correctly, the following is what we discussed so far:
          > >
          > > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo Prairie Garden,
          > > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1 to 6 PM
          > > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
          > > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of her choice
          > > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
          > >
          > > If anyone would like to host in November and December, dates would
          > be:
          > >
          > > Sunday, Nov. 5
          > > Thursday, Nov. 9
          > > Sunday, Nov. 19
          > > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving Day. Maybe we
          > > should pick another date or take a break this week?
          > > Sunday, Dec. 3
          > > Thursday, Dec. 14
          > > Sunday, Dec. 17
          > > Thursday, Dec. 28
          > >
          > > Best,
          > >
          > > Joyce

        • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
            Hello all,

            I have firmed up dates with my house partners, and
            would like to offer the long weekend of November 10,
            11 and 12 for a knitting retreat at our vacation house
            in Empire, Michigan. (See www.lelandreport.com for
            some local information.) The accomodations are free,
            and I'd suggest that for food we keep track of
            receipts for what is cooked in the house. There are
            at least two knit shops nearby that I know will still
            be open in the fall, and more a half hour away in
            Traverse City. We are a 5 minute walk from Lake
            Michigan and surrounded by Sleeping Bear Dunes
            National Lakeshore.

            Ideally I will leave our car home for my husband and
            the kids, unless we prefer to all go together in a van
            and then maybe I can swing a loaner from my parents.

            Let me know soonest who is interested in making a plan
            and we can form a separate email group to set the
            details.

            Ann

            wrote:

            > Hello Friends--
            >
            > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for
            > October, and
            > start thinking about the rest of winter.
            >
            > If I remember correctly, the following is what we
            > discussed so far:
            >
            > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo
            > Prairie Garden,
            > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1
            > to 6 PM
            > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
            > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of
            > her choice
            > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
            >
            > If anyone would like to host in November and
            > December, dates would be:
            >
            > Sunday, Nov. 5
            > Thursday, Nov. 9
            > Sunday, Nov. 19
            > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving
            > Day. Maybe we
            > should pick another date or take a break this week?
            > Sunday, Dec. 3
            > Thursday, Dec. 14
            > Sunday, Dec. 17
            > Thursday, Dec. 28
            >
            > Best,

          • Nicole V
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 22, 2006
              Yeah, I just have the entire day free, so as long as it's not bright
              and early in the morning, it should be fine for me. I'm going to call
              my grandma and see how early she could come down because I know she'd
              love to join us.

              -Coley

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
                Hi Ann,

                I just want to let you know that I would love to come on your knitting
                retreat. The only reason I might not would be if Jamie and I spend
                that weekend with his family, which is unlikely considering that right
                now we plan to use up all of our vacation/travel budget visiting my
                family for the Canadian Thanksgiving in October.

                Thank you so much for your generous offer. I'm really look forward to
                it. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much interest there is
                from the rest of the group...

                your occasionally knitting neighbour,
                Denise

                --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis"
                <tcarp8@...> wrote:

                > Hello all,
                >
                > I have firmed up dates with my house partners, and
                > would like to offer the long weekend of November 10,
                > 11 and 12 for a knitting retreat at our vacation house
                > in Empire, Michigan. (See www.lelandreport.com for
                > some local information.) The accomodations are free,
                > and I'd suggest that for food we keep track of
                > receipts for what is cooked in the house. There are
                > at least two knit shops nearby that I know will still
                > be open in the fall, and more a half hour away in
                > Traverse City. We are a 5 minute walk from Lake
                > Michigan and surrounded by Sleeping Bear Dunes
                > National Lakeshore.
                >
                > Ideally I will leave our car home for my husband and
                > the kids, unless we prefer to all go together in a van
                > and then maybe I can swing a loaner from my parents.
                >
                > Let me know soonest who is interested in making a plan
                > and we can form a separate email group to set the
                > details.
                >
                > Ann
                >
                > --- "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > Hello Friends--
                > >
                > > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for
                > > October, and
                > > start thinking about the rest of winter.
                > >
                > > If I remember correctly, the following is what we
                > > discussed so far:
                > >
                > > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo
                > > Prairie Garden,
                > > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1
                > > to 6 PM
                > > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
                > > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of
                > > her choice
                > > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
                > >
                > > If anyone would like to host in November and
                > > December, dates would be:
                > >
                > > Sunday, Nov. 5
                > > Thursday, Nov. 9
                > > Sunday, Nov. 19
                > > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving
                > > Day. Maybe we
                > > should pick another date or take a break this week?
                > > Sunday, Dec. 3
                > > Thursday, Dec. 14
                > > Sunday, Dec. 17
                > > Thursday, Dec. 28
                > >
                > > Best,
                > >
                > > Joyce

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • catherine taylor
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
                  Hey Y'all, Just wanted to send out an informal invite to meet at Uncommon Ground (3800 N. Clark) tonight, I'm meeting a friend and thought a few of y'all might like to join us. I think it would be a knitting friendly environment if you wanted to . . .
                  I'll be driving there, so if you'd like to go and need a ride, shoot me a note.
                  The Open Mic show starts at 7.
                  Later, Cate

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
                    After a long discussion with my grandma (I think I told her I needed
                    to go to bed about 4 times before I finally got off the phone with
                    her), I decided 2pm would probably be good. When it gets closer to
                    the date, just drop me an email and I'll let you know my address.

                    -Coley

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                      That's great, Coley. I'll put it on the calendar.

                    • Goddess Cameron
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Yeah! I am excited about Sunday meetings. Thursdays have been horrible for me lately. I've suddenly taken up rugby. ;) I will be there on the 15th.

                        Also, about the photographer, seems cool to me.

                        See you all next Sunday, finally.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                          As "the photographer" sundays work well for me as well since school is
                          closed and I dont work, so...see you guys then! Thanks for the support.

                          Kelsey

                          <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

                          > Hello Friends--
                          >
                          > I thought it imight be nice to firm up our plans for October, and
                          > start thinking about the rest of winter.
                          >
                          > If I remember correctly, the following is what we discussed so far:
                          >
                          > Sunday, Oct. 1--Graknitti Opening Reception at Paseo Prairie Garden,
                          > just outside the Logan Square Blue Line El stop, 1 to 6 PM
                          > Thursday, Oct. 12--no plan yet
                          > Sunday, Oct. 15--Coley's apartment at the time of her choice
                          > Thursday, Oct. 26--no plan yet
                          >
                          > If anyone would like to host in November and December, dates would
                          be:

                          > Sunday, Nov. 5
                          > Thursday, Nov. 9
                          > Sunday, Nov. 19
                          > Thursday, Nov. 23--Note that this is Thanksgiving Day. Maybe we
                          > should pick another date or take a break this week?
                          > Sunday, Dec. 3
                          > Thursday, Dec. 14
                          > Sunday, Dec. 17
                          > Thursday, Dec. 28