Rain Date: LSW Clean & Green planting

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2005
      Hi all,

      The weather has prompted a slight change in plans for the Logan
      Square Walks
      Clean & Green effort near the Logan Square el stop this Saturday,
      May 14.

      Part of the show will absolutely go on: please join us anytime from
      9-3 for
      cleaning the area and, if you like, digging some dandelions.
      Complimentary
      2005 Logan Square Walks memberships will be available to all
      volunteers. We
      hope to see you!

      Then, Save the Rain Date: please join us for our rescheduled
      planting effort
      on Saturday, May 21st. Our plants have already arrived and they're
      *beautiful*! Now all we'll need is you.

      Same rules apply: planting anytime from 9-3, please bring your own
      beverage
      for the day, vegetarian-friendly lunch/snacks and complimentary 2005
      Logan
      Square Walks memberships provided to all volunteers, chance to win
      gift
      certificates from outstanding local businesses, and good company
      promised
      for this beautification effort!

      This effort wouldn't be possible without help from the following
      wonderful,
      local, independent co-sponsors:

      Boulevard Bikes
      Cobey True Value Hardware
      Dunlays on the Square
      El Cid
      Farmers Market Garden Center
      Fertile Gardens
      Fixture (Patricia Carr)
      Fleur
      Grounds for Growth
      Logan Square Neighborhood Association
      Logan Square Preservation
      M. Fishman & Co.
      Midwest Groundcovers
      No Friction
      Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church
      Ruby Dry Cleaners
      35th Ward Alderman's Office
      Whirlaway
      Winds Cafe
      and lots of good neighbors!

      Hope to see you on the 14th and/or the 21st!