Knitting this week

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
      This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
      Albany and Wellington), from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. The patio at SmallBar is
      family-friendly and pet-friendly. There is a nice bar food menu.

      Please let us know if you will be there.

      smoke-free. However, my experience suggests smokers don't roll in
      until late, and the patio has good air circulation. Of course,
      sensitive individuals could be harmed by even a small amount of smoke.
      So please feel free to suggest other venues if SmallBar is not
      workable for you.
    • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
        I'll am heading off to Colorado tonight, so no LSK for
        me. Boo hoo! I've really got to get out, hopefully
        next week.

        Has anyone thought about the granitti knitting with
        Inger? Perhaps she will come to the meeting one of
        these nights? I don't know that we need to set a
        separate meeting to discuss participation with her.

        Thanks, Joyce, for the smoking info. I actually have
        broader concerns than only sensitive individuals, and
        I am deeply disappointed that our city council rolled
        over for a weak ordinance. It is the workers in the
        bars who suffer the worst health effects. And, as the
        latest surgeon general's report says, no level of
        exposure to second-hand smoke is safe. OK, off the
        soapbox and on to the airport!

        Ann

        --- "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
          Inger joined us last week. She plans to send us her
          flyer on Graknitti. I think it is an exciting
          project!

          I am more than happy to host some group knitting
          sessions at my home if more folks from our group want
          to participate. Of course, any knitter would be
          welcome, whether they hang out with us on Thursdays or
          not!

          And I have a whole lotta yarn to share if that is
          useful.

          --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
            I can't commit. Mark's schedule has me perplexed.

            How is the Small Bar in the rain?

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
              If it's raining, I assume we will go indoors.

              Unfortunately, the lighting inside SmallBar is not
              designed for needlework...so maybe leave the lace
              weight projects at home tonight. ;-)

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                Hi friends--I'm going to be stuck at work pretty late, so I won't be
                there this week. Hope to see all of you next time. Best, Joyce

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                  Hello Friends--

                  This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                  Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.

                  The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                  nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.

                  Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough seats.

                  And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                  Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                  the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?

                  Best,

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                    I will try to be there on Thursday.

                    As for Fall and winter, I would love for us to find a coffee shop where
                    we can schedule regular meetings and have home visits occasionally.

                    Marcy.

                    On Monday, August 14, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

                    > Hello Friends--
                    >
                    > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                    > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                    >
                    > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                    > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                    >
                    > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                    > seats.
                    >
                    > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                    > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                    > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                    >
                    > Best,

                  • Nicole V
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                      Now that I've moved into the neighborhood, I'll be there and it won't
                      be so much of a hike. Yay!

                      <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

                      > Hello Friends--
                      >
                      > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                      > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                      >
                      > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                      > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                      >
                      > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                      seats.

                      > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                      > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                      > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                      >
                      > Best,
                      >
                      > Joyce

                    • Bridget Hansen
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                        I will be there tomorrow night as well. Margaret - I hope I have done well with my homework....

                        See you all then.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                          Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on
                          Thursday night. Sorry if this omission created any inconvenience.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                            Hello knitters, I will be coming thursday. See you all there. Margaret

                            "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote: Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                              Hello knitters,
                              I am happy to say that I'm back home in Chicago and looking forward to
                              seeing you all tomorrow night at Smallbar. I wish I had more knitting
                              to show, for my time away but alas...

                              Cheers!
                              -Denise

                              > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce M. Fitzgerald"
                              > <bigwildonion@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hello Friends--
                              > >
                              > > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                              > > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                              > >
                              > > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                              > > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                              > >
                              > > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                              > seats.
                              > >
                              > > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                              > > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                              > > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                              > >
                              > > Best,
                              > >
                              > > Joyce

                            • Anna Coyle
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                Howdy, Knitters. Unfortunately I will be unable to meet with y'all this week as I will be in Flagstaff, AZ until late Friday night. Too bad, since I was looking forward to Denise's triumphant return from Canada.

                                See you next week.
                                Peace,
                                Anna