Hats for new babies!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hello friends--

      If you are a fan of the Yarn Harlot, you may already know that she is
      promoting a baby hat drive that is being held as part of World
      Breastfeeding Week activities. Two different WIC nutrition programs
      are collecting hats for babies up to one year old to give away at
      breastfeeding education events August 1-6.

      This is short notice, but I thought it would be fun if our knitting
      group could put together a package of hats to contribute to the
      effort. I would be delighted to gather hats and mail them.

      Here's a couple links to a Yarn Harlot posts on the topic (scroll down
      on both):

      http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/06/29/the_power_scares_me.html

      http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/07/03/my_new_hobbies.html

      Here's a link to info on WIC:

      http://www.fns.usda.gov/WIC/Breastfeeding/breastfeedingmainpage.HTM

      Specifics on world Breastfeeding Week, August 1-6:

      http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org/

      Just let me know if you want to make a little hat. I plan to mail
      them on July 25.

      Best,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        Joyce,

        I should be able to crank out a couple of baby hats before the 25th!

        -Becca