Re: [logan2knits] quick question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      I'm pretty much with Joyce. Some yarns clearly need some blocking,
      and some I am willing to take the chance with not blocking.

      On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at 04:34 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

      > Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
      > and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.
      >
      > Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
      > science or sound advice....
      >
      > --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how
      > > many of you actually
      > > wash and block it too?
      > >
      > > -Denise

    • Anna Coyle
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
        What's "blocking?"

        ;)
        Anna

        blindlemonbolton wrote:

        > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how many of you actually
        > wash and block it too?
        >
        > -Denise

      • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
          I have washed and blocked and not washed and blocked,
          and have ended up with annoying results either way!

          :^) Ann