Re: [logan2knits] quick question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
      and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.

      Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
      science or sound advice....

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
        I'm pretty much with Joyce. Some yarns clearly need some blocking,
        and some I am willing to take the chance with not blocking.

        On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at 04:34 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

        > Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
        > and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.
        >
        > Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
        > science or sound advice....
        >
        > --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how
        > > many of you actually
        > > wash and block it too?
        > >
        > > -Denise

      • Anna Coyle
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
          What's "blocking?"

          ;)
          Anna

          blindlemonbolton wrote:

          > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how many of you actually
          > wash and block it too?
          >
          > -Denise

        • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
            I have washed and blocked and not washed and blocked,
            and have ended up with annoying results either way!

            :^) Ann