Re: [logan2knits] quick question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5 1:23 PM
      Never!

      -Becca

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 2:34 PM
        Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
        and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.

        Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
        science or sound advice....

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 2:57 PM
          I'm pretty much with Joyce. Some yarns clearly need some blocking,
          and some I am willing to take the chance with not blocking.

          On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at 04:34 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

          > Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
          > and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.
          >
          > Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
          > science or sound advice....
          >
          > --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how
          > > many of you actually
          > > wash and block it too?
          > >
          > > -Denise

        • Anna Coyle
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6 12:36 AM
            What's "blocking?"

            ;)
            Anna

            blindlemonbolton wrote:

            > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how many of you actually
            > wash and block it too?
            >
            > -Denise

          • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6 12:54 PM
              I have washed and blocked and not washed and blocked,
              and have ended up with annoying results either way!

              :^) Ann