quick question

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how many of you actually
      wash and block it too?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
        Never!

        -Becca

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
          Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
          and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.

          Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
          science or sound advice....

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
            I'm pretty much with Joyce. Some yarns clearly need some blocking,
            and some I am willing to take the chance with not blocking.

            On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at 04:34 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

            > Only if I think the guage will change significantly,
            > and only if it is for a garment that must fit well.
            >
            > Of course, this is mostly based on guessing, not
            > science or sound advice....
            >
            > --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how
            > > many of you actually
            > > wash and block it too?
            > >
            > > -Denise

          • Anna Coyle
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
              What's "blocking?"

              ;)
              Anna

              blindlemonbolton wrote:

              > Okay, when you guys make your guage swatches, how many of you actually
              > wash and block it too?
              >
              > -Denise

            • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
                I have washed and blocked and not washed and blocked,
                and have ended up with annoying results either way!

                :^) Ann