Knitting tomorrow at El Cid

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 9:07 PM
      Hello Friends--

      My apologies for getting this message out so late. We will be on the
      patio at El Cid from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm this Thursday, June 1st.
      Please e-mail or call me if you have any questions.

      Is anyone willing to take over listserv moderation duties for the next
      month or so? It is easy and doesn't take up much time. It would be a
      big help to me.

      Hope everyone is having a great week!

      Best,

      Joyce
    • Anna Coyle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hey, y'all!

        As most of you know, I have been pitching SmallBar as an additional
        location for our Thursday meetings. However, city bureaucracy and its
        insane licensing rules have repeatedly postponed our visit to the
        brand-new patio. Here's the final, FINAL decision on the opening date
        (according to the officials of our fair city): our license becomes valid
        on June 18th. Hooray! Sorry for the wait.

        I hope everyone can endure Mexican food and margheritas for a few more
        weeks. Oh, the hardships we suffer...;)

        Joyce, I can do the moderation for a bit, if you show me what needs to
        be done. I have a fast internet connection and a shameful amount of
        time on my hands right now. Let me know.

        Peace,
        Anna

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
          Greetings Anna!

          You are now a moderator. (That does not mean you are
          now politically moderate, or qualified to lead others
          away from the righteous path of the peacenik! ;-))

          When you sign in to the L2K on the listserv, there
          will be a little crown next to your profile. You will
          see that there are more choices on your navigation
          bar, some of them related to moderating.

          You can approve members. If someone requesting
          membership seems like a spammer, feel free to turn
          them down.

          The moderator sends out an email to the group with the
          location and time of the meeting a few days ahead of
          time. Members will reply to the list or to you. The
          day of the meeting, e-mail everyone who will be there
          so they know how many seats to save at El Cid or
          SmallBar, or wherever we are.

          That's it!

          Thank you for taking this over for a while. It is one
          of those little tasks that I'm not keeping up with
          very well right now, so it is a big help!

          Best,

          Joyce

          --- Anna Coyle <illinasia@...> wrote:

          > Hey, y'all!
          >
          > As most of you know, I have been pitching SmallBar
          > as an additional
          > location for our Thursday meetings. However, city
          > bureaucracy and its
          > insane licensing rules have repeatedly postponed our
          > visit to the
          > brand-new patio. Here's the final, FINAL decision
          > on the opening date
          > (according to the officials of our fair city): our
          > license becomes valid
          > on June 18th. Hooray! Sorry for the wait.
          >
          > I hope everyone can endure Mexican food and
          > margheritas for a few more
          > weeks. Oh, the hardships we suffer...;)
          >
          > Joyce, I can do the moderation for a bit, if you
          > show me what needs to
          > be done. I have a fast internet connection and a
          > shameful amount of
          > time on my hands right now. Let me know.
          >
          > Peace,
          > Anna
          >
          > Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:
          >
          > > Hello Friends--
          > >
          > > My apologies for getting this message out so late.
          > We will be on the
          > > patio at El Cid from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm this
          > Thursday, June 1st.
          > > Please e-mail or call me if you have any
          > questions.
          > >
          > > Is anyone willing to take over listserv moderation
          > duties for the next
          > > month or so? It is easy and doesn't take up much
          > time. It would be a
          > > big help to me.
          > >
          > > Hope everyone is having a great week!
          > >
          > > Best,
          > >
          > > Joyce

          > > Craft hobby

          > > Hobby and craft supply

          > > Logan square

          > email to:

          > Yahoo! Terms of

          > Release Date: 5/31/2006

          Joyce M. Fitzgerald

          3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

          bigwildonion@...
          jfitzg7@...

          (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

        • Anna Coyle
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
            Thanks for the info, Joyce, and it's really no problem for me to take
            over for a while.

            Everything seems pretty straight forward. I'll email you if I come
            across any problems.

            Take care,
            Anna

            By the way, we ended up having 5 knitters last night! I think the fine
            weather had a lot to do with it. You were missed!

          • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
              Sorry I missed you all yesterday--I fully intended to
              come out, but at the last minute there were kids'
              school projects that needed help and I was pretty
              tired. However, while I advised on the painting of a
              replica of the Tower of London I sat and knit in
              solidarity. I am really going to try to make it next
              week!

              Ann