Re: [logan2knits] Knitting this week

    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
      Hi Marita,
      I will be able to make it this week . Thanks for hosting. Margaret

      Marita Klements <mklements@...> wrote:
      Hi Everybody,

      This Sunday, April 2nd, we'll be meeting at my house from 4-6 or so.
      Lingerers welcome. Send me a reply and I'll send you the address. I hope
      to see many of you there.

      -Marita

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
        This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
        Albany and Wellington), from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. The patio at SmallBar is
        family-friendly and pet-friendly. There is a nice bar food menu.

        Please let us know if you will be there.

        smoke-free. However, my experience suggests smokers don't roll in
        until late, and the patio has good air circulation. Of course,
        sensitive individuals could be harmed by even a small amount of smoke.
        So please feel free to suggest other venues if SmallBar is not
        workable for you.
      • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
          I'll am heading off to Colorado tonight, so no LSK for
          me. Boo hoo! I've really got to get out, hopefully
          next week.

          Has anyone thought about the granitti knitting with
          Inger? Perhaps she will come to the meeting one of
          these nights? I don't know that we need to set a
          separate meeting to discuss participation with her.

          Thanks, Joyce, for the smoking info. I actually have
          broader concerns than only sensitive individuals, and
          I am deeply disappointed that our city council rolled
          over for a weak ordinance. It is the workers in the
          bars who suffer the worst health effects. And, as the
          latest surgeon general's report says, no level of
          exposure to second-hand smoke is safe. OK, off the
          soapbox and on to the airport!

          Ann

          --- "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>

          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
            Inger joined us last week. She plans to send us her
            flyer on Graknitti. I think it is an exciting
            project!

            I am more than happy to host some group knitting
            sessions at my home if more folks from our group want
            to participate. Of course, any knitter would be
            welcome, whether they hang out with us on Thursdays or
            not!

            And I have a whole lotta yarn to share if that is
            useful.

            --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
              I can't commit. Mark's schedule has me perplexed.

              How is the Small Bar in the rain?

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                If it's raining, I assume we will go indoors.

                Unfortunately, the lighting inside SmallBar is not
                designed for needlework...so maybe leave the lace
                weight projects at home tonight. ;-)

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                  Hi friends--I'm going to be stuck at work pretty late, so I won't be
                  there this week. Hope to see all of you next time. Best, Joyce

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                    Hello Friends--

                    This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                    Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.

                    The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                    nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.

                    Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough seats.

                    And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                    Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                    the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?

                    Best,

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                      I will try to be there on Thursday.

                      As for Fall and winter, I would love for us to find a coffee shop where
                      we can schedule regular meetings and have home visits occasionally.

                      Marcy.

                      On Monday, August 14, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

                      > Hello Friends--
                      >
                      > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                      > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                      >
                      > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                      > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                      >
                      > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                      > seats.
                      >
                      > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                      > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                      > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                      >
                      > Best,

                    • Nicole V
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                        Now that I've moved into the neighborhood, I'll be there and it won't
                        be so much of a hike. Yay!

                        <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Friends--
                        >
                        > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                        > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                        >
                        > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                        > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                        >
                        > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                        seats.

                        > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                        > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                        > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Joyce

                      • Bridget Hansen
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                          I will be there tomorrow night as well. Margaret - I hope I have done well with my homework....

                          See you all then.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                            Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on
                            Thursday night. Sorry if this omission created any inconvenience.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                              Hello knitters, I will be coming thursday. See you all there. Margaret

                              "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote: Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                Hello knitters,
                                I am happy to say that I'm back home in Chicago and looking forward to
                                seeing you all tomorrow night at Smallbar. I wish I had more knitting
                                to show, for my time away but alas...

                                Cheers!
                                -Denise

                                > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce M. Fitzgerald"
                                > <bigwildonion@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hello Friends--
                                > >
                                > > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                                > > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                                > >
                                > > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                                > > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                                > >
                                > > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                                > seats.
                                > >
                                > > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                                > > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                                > > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                                > >
                                > > Best,
                                > >
                                > > Joyce

                              • Anna Coyle
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                  Howdy, Knitters. Unfortunately I will be unable to meet with y'all this week as I will be in Flagstaff, AZ until late Friday night. Too bad, since I was looking forward to Denise's triumphant return from Canada.

                                  See you next week.
                                  Peace,
                                  Anna