Knitting this week

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
      Hello all--

      No one has volunteered to host for knitting this weekend, so it looks
      like meeting somewhere in public is the thing to do.

      I will be out of town all weekend, so I probably shouldn't be the one
      who decides when and where to get together.

      Suggestions?

      Best, Joyce
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
        No Friction is nice. Also, I can host next week, April 2nd.

        -Marita

        >From: "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>
        >To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [logan2knits] Knitting this week
        >Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:21:40 -0000
        >
        >Hello all--
        >
        >No one has volunteered to host for knitting this weekend, so it looks
        >like meeting somewhere in public is the thing to do.
        >
        >I will be out of town all weekend, so I probably shouldn't be the one
        >who decides when and where to get together.
        >
        >Suggestions?
        >
        >Best, Joyce

      • Anna Coyle
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 22, 2006
          Hey, y'all.

          I'm in for this Sunday, wherever it may be. I don't think a time was
          discussed, so how about 1-3pm?

          NoFriction is fine by me, but if some of you want to try something new,
          how about MoJoe's on Belmont at Francisco (across the street from Burger
          King)? We can try it out this weekend or the next time we are without a
          host.

          Also, as for hosting, I can do 4/23 if it's not yet taken. Sorry that I
          can't take anything sooner. Busy, busy...

          Peace,
          Anna

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 24, 2006
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 27, 2006
              Hi Everybody,

              This Sunday, April 2nd, we'll be meeting at my house from 4-6 or so.
              Lingerers welcome. Send me a reply and I'll send you the address. I hope
              to see many of you there.

              -Marita

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006
                Hi Marita,
                I think there's a good chance I can make it this week. See you then!
                -Denise

                --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Marita Klements" <mklements@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Everybody,
                >
                > This Sunday, April 2nd, we'll be meeting at my house from 4-6 or so.
                > Lingerers welcome. Send me a reply and I'll send you the address.
                I hope
                > to see many of you there.
                >
                > -Marita

                FREE!

              • Anna Coyle
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006
                  I'm there!

                  -Anna

                  PS. Good luck on your interview Thursday.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 28, 2006
                    I think I can actually make it this week! Woo hoo! Can't wait!

                    -Becca

                    On 3/28/06, Anna Coyle <illinasia@...> wrote:

                    > I'm there!
                    >
                    > -Anna
                    >
                    > PS. Good luck on your interview Thursday.
                    >

                    > Marita Klements wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi Everybody,
                    > >
                    > > This Sunday, April 2nd, we'll be meeting at my house from 4-6 or so.
                    > > Lingerers welcome. Send me a reply and I'll send you the address. I
                    > > hope
                    > > to see many of you there.
                    > >
                    > > -Marita

                    > ?subject=Unsubscribe>

                  • Debra Winke
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 30, 2006
                      I am going to try to make it. Thanks for hosting

                      Marita Klements <mklements@...> wrote: Hi Everybody,

                      This Sunday, April 2nd, we'll be meeting at my house from 4-6 or so.
                      Lingerers welcome. Send me a reply and I'll send you the address. I hope
                      to see many of you there.

                      -Marita

                      Debra Winke
                      773-860-4880

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
                          This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                          Albany and Wellington), from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. The patio at SmallBar is
                          family-friendly and pet-friendly. There is a nice bar food menu.

                          Please let us know if you will be there.

                          smoke-free. However, my experience suggests smokers don't roll in
                          until late, and the patio has good air circulation. Of course,
                          sensitive individuals could be harmed by even a small amount of smoke.
                          So please feel free to suggest other venues if SmallBar is not
                          workable for you.
                        • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
                            I'll am heading off to Colorado tonight, so no LSK for
                            me. Boo hoo! I've really got to get out, hopefully
                            next week.

                            Has anyone thought about the granitti knitting with
                            Inger? Perhaps she will come to the meeting one of
                            these nights? I don't know that we need to set a
                            separate meeting to discuss participation with her.

                            Thanks, Joyce, for the smoking info. I actually have
                            broader concerns than only sensitive individuals, and
                            I am deeply disappointed that our city council rolled
                            over for a weak ordinance. It is the workers in the
                            bars who suffer the worst health effects. And, as the
                            latest surgeon general's report says, no level of
                            exposure to second-hand smoke is safe. OK, off the
                            soapbox and on to the airport!

                            Ann

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 2, 2006
                              Inger joined us last week. She plans to send us her
                              flyer on Graknitti. I think it is an exciting
                              project!

                              I am more than happy to host some group knitting
                              sessions at my home if more folks from our group want
                              to participate. Of course, any knitter would be
                              welcome, whether they hang out with us on Thursdays or
                              not!

                              And I have a whole lotta yarn to share if that is
                              useful.

                              --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                                I can't commit. Mark's schedule has me perplexed.

                                How is the Small Bar in the rain?

                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                                  If it's raining, I assume we will go indoors.

                                  Unfortunately, the lighting inside SmallBar is not
                                  designed for needlework...so maybe leave the lace
                                  weight projects at home tonight. ;-)

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 3, 2006
                                    Hi friends--I'm going to be stuck at work pretty late, so I won't be
                                    there this week. Hope to see all of you next time. Best, Joyce

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                                      Hello Friends--

                                      This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                                      Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.

                                      The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                                      nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.

                                      Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough seats.

                                      And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                                      Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                                      the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?

                                      Best,

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 14, 2006
                                        I will try to be there on Thursday.

                                        As for Fall and winter, I would love for us to find a coffee shop where
                                        we can schedule regular meetings and have home visits occasionally.

                                        Marcy.

                                        On Monday, August 14, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald wrote:

                                        > Hello Friends--
                                        >
                                        > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                                        > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                                        >
                                        > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                                        > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                                        >
                                        > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                                        > seats.
                                        >
                                        > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                                        > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                                        > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                                        >
                                        > Best,

                                      • Nicole V
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                                          Now that I've moved into the neighborhood, I'll be there and it won't
                                          be so much of a hike. Yay!

                                          <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

                                          > Hello Friends--
                                          >
                                          > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                                          > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                                          >
                                          > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                                          > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                                          >
                                          > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                                          seats.

                                          > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                                          > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                                          > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                                          >
                                          > Best,
                                          >
                                          > Joyce

                                        • Bridget Hansen
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                                            I will be there tomorrow night as well. Margaret - I hope I have done well with my homework....

                                            See you all then.

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 15, 2006
                                              Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on
                                              Thursday night. Sorry if this omission created any inconvenience.

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                                Hello knitters, I will be coming thursday. See you all there. Margaret

                                                "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote: Hello Friends--I should have specified that this is happening on

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                                  Hello knitters,
                                                  I am happy to say that I'm back home in Chicago and looking forward to
                                                  seeing you all tomorrow night at Smallbar. I wish I had more knitting
                                                  to show, for my time away but alas...

                                                  Cheers!
                                                  -Denise

                                                  > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce M. Fitzgerald"
                                                  > <bigwildonion@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Hello Friends--
                                                  > >
                                                  > > This week's meeting will be at SmallBar, 2956 N. Albany (the corner of
                                                  > > Albany and Wellington). We will be on the patio from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > The patio at SmallBar is family-friendly,pet-friendly and there is a
                                                  > > nice bar food menu. If it is raining or cold, we will go inside.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Please post to the list if you will be there so we can save enough
                                                  > seats.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > And hey, is it time to start thinking about our fall/winter meetings?
                                                  > > Any suggestions for a consistent indoor location to meet in during
                                                  > > the cold months? Any interest in hosting in our homes again?
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Best,
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Joyce

                                                • Anna Coyle
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Aug 16, 2006
                                                    Howdy, Knitters. Unfortunately I will be unable to meet with y'all this week as I will be in Flagstaff, AZ until late Friday night. Too bad, since I was looking forward to Denise's triumphant return from Canada.

                                                    See you next week.
                                                    Peace,
                                                    Anna