Re: meeting place still needed for march 12

  • mousemelia1
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
      I think meeting at the cafe next week is a good idea.

      Personally, I have been wondering if switching back to weeknights now
      and then is at all a possibility. I never seem to be able to get to
      the Sunday meetings unless they are at my house. Maybe this cafe
      would be a place to do it?

      Marcy.

      <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
      > suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
      > California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.
      >
      > Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
      > nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
      > with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
      > very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.
      >
      > Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
      > there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
      > people?
      >
      > Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
      > great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Joyce

    • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
        I think the cafe idea is fine for some times--maybe we
        could have a balance of places and times (OK, I know
        that gets confusing...) However, I do selfishly want
        to hope that we could have a location near the Square
        again so that it would be walkable. With varied homes
        there is a chance that it is close, while if we always
        switched to No Friction it would be a much further
        stretch for us.

        All said as I sheepishly have to rescind my offer to
        host on March 26th. My husband's grandmother is
        celebrating her 102nd birthday that weekend in
        Michigan and that definitely takes precedence. Darn,
        I will be missing knitting with you all for weeks and
        weeks!

        Ann

        --- "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>