Re: [logan2knits] meeting place still needed for march 12

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hello Joyce and all you other knitters,
      I think a knittng meeting at the cafe sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Margaret

      "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote:
      Hello all,

      There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
      suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
      California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.

      Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
      nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
      with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
      very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.

      Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
      there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
      people?

      Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
      great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

      Best,

      Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Logan square

    • mousemelia1
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
        I think meeting at the cafe next week is a good idea.

        Personally, I have been wondering if switching back to weeknights now
        and then is at all a possibility. I never seem to be able to get to
        the Sunday meetings unless they are at my house. Maybe this cafe
        would be a place to do it?

        Marcy.

        <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
        > suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
        > California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.
        >
        > Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
        > nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
        > with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
        > very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.
        >
        > Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
        > there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
        > people?
        >
        > Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
        > great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Joyce

      • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
          I think the cafe idea is fine for some times--maybe we
          could have a balance of places and times (OK, I know
          that gets confusing...) However, I do selfishly want
          to hope that we could have a location near the Square
          again so that it would be walkable. With varied homes
          there is a chance that it is close, while if we always
          switched to No Friction it would be a much further
          stretch for us.

          All said as I sheepishly have to rescind my offer to
          host on March 26th. My husband's grandmother is
          celebrating her 102nd birthday that weekend in
          Michigan and that definitely takes precedence. Darn,
          I will be missing knitting with you all for weeks and
          weeks!

          Ann