meeting place still needed for march 12

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hello all,

      There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
      suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
      California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.

      Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
      nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
      with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
      very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.

      Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
      there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
      people?

      Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
      great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

      Best,

      Joyce
    • Anna Coyle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
        Hi, Joyce.

        There's going to be a light crowd this afternoon, probably just Margaret
        and Marita. I'll pitch it, though. Sounds good to me. I really liked
        the old spot, and I hear the new one is bigger and better.

        -Anna

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
          Hello Joyce and all you other knitters,
          I think a knittng meeting at the cafe sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Margaret

          "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote:
          Hello all,

          There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
          suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
          California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.

          Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
          nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
          with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
          very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.

          Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
          there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
          people?

          Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
          great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

          Best,

          Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Logan square

        • mousemelia1
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
            I think meeting at the cafe next week is a good idea.

            Personally, I have been wondering if switching back to weeknights now
            and then is at all a possibility. I never seem to be able to get to
            the Sunday meetings unless they are at my house. Maybe this cafe
            would be a place to do it?

            Marcy.

            <bigwildonion@...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            >
            > There still isn't a meeting place set for next week, March 12. I
            > suggest we plan to get together at No Friction Cafe, 2023 N.
            > California Ave. They are open until 5 PM on Sundays.
            >
            > Since all of the "usual suspects" have hosted recently, it might be
            > nice to have a cafe break. No Friction is an independent business
            > with good lighting, good food and drink, and a comfy couch. Also, the
            > very groovy owner, Hilda, has personlly invited us to come over.
            >
            > Maybe the people who make it to Anna's today can talk about it? Are
            > there other suggestions? What seems to be a good time for the most
            > people?
            >
            > Gosh, I'm bummed that I can't be there today...hope everyone has a
            > great time, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Joyce

          • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
              I think the cafe idea is fine for some times--maybe we
              could have a balance of places and times (OK, I know
              that gets confusing...) However, I do selfishly want
              to hope that we could have a location near the Square
              again so that it would be walkable. With varied homes
              there is a chance that it is close, while if we always
              switched to No Friction it would be a much further
              stretch for us.

              All said as I sheepishly have to rescind my offer to
              host on March 26th. My husband's grandmother is
              celebrating her 102nd birthday that weekend in
              Michigan and that definitely takes precedence. Darn,
              I will be missing knitting with you all for weeks and
              weeks!

              Ann