finally I have finished!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2005
      Okay, I know that a couple of weeks ago I proudly announced that I was
      a couple of days away from finishing my brother's sweater (and about a
      month before that I had given myself a deadline of two weeks to
      complete). Boy was I wrong. Finishing seems to take as long as all
      the knitting.

      That said, I am compelled to proudly announce, now, at 12:30am with my
      hands still cold from the wash water that I have just completed my
      FIRST real sweater. It's all blocked and drying on the dining room
      table and it looks really good. The zipper is sewn in, the ends are
      woven and all the bits of thread are clipped. It is done! Thank you,
      thank you all of you for giving me your endless encouragement and also
      your instruction. I wouldn't have even have started this thing if I
      hadn't known that I could lean heavily on all of you more experienced
      knitters.

      Just for the group's information, the Manos del Uruguay wool washes up
      really nicely (this is a heavy sweater; it was a pretty athletic
      experience to wash it!) but it lost a LOT of colour... Marita, if you
      read this you might want to warn your mom. When I laid it out to
      block it, it almost looked like a new colour to me (the pink in it
      especially seems more prominent than before), although I think that
      I'm tired and it's wet and it probably hasn't changed as much as I
      suspect.

      My hands smell like wool!

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2005
        YAYAYAYYYY!!!! Be sure to take a lot of pictures!

        On Friday, December 16, 2005, at 12:52 AM, blindlemonbolton wrote:

        > Okay, I know that a couple of weeks ago I proudly announced that I was
        > a couple of days away from finishing my brother's sweater (and about a
        > month before that I had given myself a deadline of two weeks to
        > complete).  Boy was I wrong.  Finishing seems to take as long as all
        > the knitting.
        >
        > That said, I am compelled to proudly announce, now, at 12:30am with my
        > hands still cold from the wash water that I have just completed my
        > FIRST real sweater.  It's all blocked and drying on the dining room
        > table and it looks really good.  The zipper is sewn in, the ends are
        > woven and all the bits of thread are clipped.  It is done!  Thank you,
        > thank you all of you for giving me your endless encouragement and also
        > your instruction.  I wouldn't have even have started this thing if I
        > hadn't known that I could lean heavily on all of you more experienced
        > knitters.
        >
        > Just for the group's information, the Manos del Uruguay wool washes up
        > really nicely (this is a heavy sweater; it was a pretty athletic
        > experience to wash it!) but it lost a LOT of colour... Marita, if you
        > read this you might want to warn your mom.  When I laid it out to
        > block it, it almost looked like a new colour to me (the pink in it
        > especially seems more prominent than before), although I think that
        > I'm tired and it's wet and it probably hasn't changed as much as I
        > suspect.
        >
        > My hands smell like wool!
        >
        > -Denise

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2005
          I hope you'll bring it on Sunday so we can see if you're not in too much of
          a hurry to mail it, because you deserve much congradulations and fussing
          over. And I will let my mom know. I didn't bother to block the scarf
          because, well it's a rectangle, so who knows what it'll look like when wet.

          See you soon,
          Marita

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2005
            Hooray! I know how much trouble that sweater has given you. I'm sure
            your brother will love it! Please take a lot of pictures as I'm not
            going to be there to see it this weekend. Congrats and woo hoo!

            -Becca