Re: Information about knitting at the library

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
      I, for one, would be very sorry to see our lovely group disband in
      order to join some johnny-come-lately library club! My vote is to
      continue with our group AND visit the library occasionally as a
      supplement to our meetings.

      Hope to see you all Sunday!
      -Denise

      --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Annemarie Neff

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
        I think I am partial to retaining our group too. I will probably not
        be able to attend anything for a few months while I go back to work.
        But I want the group to be there when I am available! It is a totally
        selfish desire on my part.

        On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Below is the information from the library about the knitting club they
        > are
        > starting there in January.
        >
        > If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits and
        > joining
        > the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could make
        > our last
        > meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would rather
        > view it
        > as a supplement, that works for me too.
        >
        > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....
        >
        > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
        > First day is January 11th.
        >
        > We have four librarians that work here and three of us knit and the
        > other
        > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for this club is for it
        > to be
        > loosely structured and not pure instruction.  We are going to try and
        > have
        > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but unfortunately our priority
        > has to
        > be to keep the library operating and not knitting. So there may be
        > days when
        > the club will need to function without a leader.  So of course we
        > would love
        > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and knit.
        >
        > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have come looking for
        > books on
        > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
        >
        > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word.  If you want to stop
        > by, I'm
        > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
        >
        > Cherilyn Stewart
        > Logan Square Branch
        > (312) 744-5295

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
          I have to say I would enjoy retaining our group. Maybe we could find some
          sort of compramise with the library group. Looking forward to seeing you
          all on Sunday. I will bake cookies for the holiday fete portion of this
          week's entertainment.

          -Marita