Re: [logan2knits] Information about knitting at the library

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
      Hello All,

      I will abide by the consensus of the group about
      whether to keep logan2knits running. I am ambivalent
      about it.

      I would like to keep logan2knits running. This is in
      part because getting to the library by 6:30 pm will be
      difficult for me. But the most important reason is
      that I really like the group dynamic and the
      individuals who participate! There is always such a
      welcoming atmosphere, and our gatherings have been so
      fun lately.

      At the same time, I don't assume that merging with the
      library club will mess up the positive experience--we
      might get some great people who couldn't come before.
      Also, I understand that keeping our group running is
      probably considerably more work than merging with the
      library group, and Annemarie has carried much of this
      burden.

      If we do disband, I suggest we get together informally
      for knitting parties away from the library now and
      then. [That way we can do things we can't in a
      library, such as booze it up, pig out and swear
      loudly. ;-)]

      Best,

      Joyce

      > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch
      > library.....
      >
      > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on
      > Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
      > First day is January 11th.
      >
      > We have four librarians that work here and three of
      > us knit and the other
      > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for
      > this club is for it to be
      > loosely structured and not pure instruction. We are
      > going to try and have
      > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but
      > unfortunately our priority has to
      > be to keep the library operating and not knitting.
      > So there may be days when
      > the club will need to function without a leader. So
      > of course we would love
      > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and
      > knit.
      >
      > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have
      > come looking for books on
      > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
      >
      > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word. If
      > you want to stop by, I'm
      > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
      >
      > Cherilyn Stewart
      > Logan Square Branch
      > (312) 744-5295

      Joyce M. Fitzgerald

      3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

      bigwildonion@...
      jfitzg7@...

      (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
        I, for one, would be very sorry to see our lovely group disband in
        order to join some johnny-come-lately library club! My vote is to
        continue with our group AND visit the library occasionally as a
        supplement to our meetings.

        Hope to see you all Sunday!
        -Denise

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Annemarie Neff

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
          I think I am partial to retaining our group too. I will probably not
          be able to attend anything for a few months while I go back to work.
          But I want the group to be there when I am available! It is a totally
          selfish desire on my part.

          On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > Below is the information from the library about the knitting club they
          > are
          > starting there in January.
          >
          > If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits and
          > joining
          > the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could make
          > our last
          > meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would rather
          > view it
          > as a supplement, that works for me too.
          >
          > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....
          >
          > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
          > First day is January 11th.
          >
          > We have four librarians that work here and three of us knit and the
          > other
          > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for this club is for it
          > to be
          > loosely structured and not pure instruction.  We are going to try and
          > have
          > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but unfortunately our priority
          > has to
          > be to keep the library operating and not knitting. So there may be
          > days when
          > the club will need to function without a leader.  So of course we
          > would love
          > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and knit.
          >
          > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have come looking for
          > books on
          > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
          >
          > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word.  If you want to stop
          > by, I'm
          > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
          >
          > Cherilyn Stewart
          > Logan Square Branch
          > (312) 744-5295

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
            I have to say I would enjoy retaining our group. Maybe we could find some
            sort of compramise with the library group. Looking forward to seeing you
            all on Sunday. I will bake cookies for the holiday fete portion of this
            week's entertainment.

            -Marita