Re: [logan2knits] Information about knitting at the library

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
      I can't really make meetings during the week at 6:30, so I think the library
      is a good idea, but I would like to keep our regular meetings and use the
      library as a suplimental meeting if that works for everyone else . . .

      -Becca

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
        Hello All,

        I will abide by the consensus of the group about
        whether to keep logan2knits running. I am ambivalent
        about it.

        I would like to keep logan2knits running. This is in
        part because getting to the library by 6:30 pm will be
        difficult for me. But the most important reason is
        that I really like the group dynamic and the
        individuals who participate! There is always such a
        welcoming atmosphere, and our gatherings have been so
        fun lately.

        At the same time, I don't assume that merging with the
        library club will mess up the positive experience--we
        might get some great people who couldn't come before.
        Also, I understand that keeping our group running is
        probably considerably more work than merging with the
        library group, and Annemarie has carried much of this
        burden.

        If we do disband, I suggest we get together informally
        for knitting parties away from the library now and
        then. [That way we can do things we can't in a
        library, such as booze it up, pig out and swear
        loudly. ;-)]

        Best,

        Joyce

        > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch
        > library.....
        >
        > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on
        > Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
        > First day is January 11th.
        >
        > We have four librarians that work here and three of
        > us knit and the other
        > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for
        > this club is for it to be
        > loosely structured and not pure instruction. We are
        > going to try and have
        > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but
        > unfortunately our priority has to
        > be to keep the library operating and not knitting.
        > So there may be days when
        > the club will need to function without a leader. So
        > of course we would love
        > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and
        > knit.
        >
        > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have
        > come looking for books on
        > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
        >
        > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word. If
        > you want to stop by, I'm
        > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
        >
        > Cherilyn Stewart
        > Logan Square Branch
        > (312) 744-5295

        Joyce M. Fitzgerald

        3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

        bigwildonion@...
        jfitzg7@...

        (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
          I, for one, would be very sorry to see our lovely group disband in
          order to join some johnny-come-lately library club! My vote is to
          continue with our group AND visit the library occasionally as a
          supplement to our meetings.

          Hope to see you all Sunday!
          -Denise

          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Annemarie Neff

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
            I think I am partial to retaining our group too. I will probably not
            be able to attend anything for a few months while I go back to work.
            But I want the group to be there when I am available! It is a totally
            selfish desire on my part.

            On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

            > Hi Folks,
            >
            > Below is the information from the library about the knitting club they
            > are
            > starting there in January.
            >
            > If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits and
            > joining
            > the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could make
            > our last
            > meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would rather
            > view it
            > as a supplement, that works for me too.
            >
            > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....
            >
            > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
            > First day is January 11th.
            >
            > We have four librarians that work here and three of us knit and the
            > other
            > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for this club is for it
            > to be
            > loosely structured and not pure instruction.  We are going to try and
            > have
            > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but unfortunately our priority
            > has to
            > be to keep the library operating and not knitting. So there may be
            > days when
            > the club will need to function without a leader.  So of course we
            > would love
            > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and knit.
            >
            > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have come looking for
            > books on
            > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
            >
            > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word.  If you want to stop
            > by, I'm
            > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
            >
            > Cherilyn Stewart
            > Logan Square Branch
            > (312) 744-5295

            <image.tiff>

            <image.tiff>

            <image.tiff>

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
              I have to say I would enjoy retaining our group. Maybe we could find some
              sort of compramise with the library group. Looking forward to seeing you
              all on Sunday. I will bake cookies for the holiday fete portion of this
              week's entertainment.

              -Marita