Voulez Vous Crochet Avec Moi? Call for entries

  • Debbie Stoller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 10:57 AM
      Voulez Vous Crochet Avec Moi?

      Dear logan square stitchers 'n bitchers,

      Please forgive my bum-rushing your email list.

      I'm writing to tell you about my latest Stitch 'n Bitch book project, and to
      invite you to contribute to it. The subject of this next book is going to be
      crochet. I know‹ blasphemy!!‹but where I'm from, if you're a needleworker
      you're a needleworker, and there's no reason not to add more mad skillz to
      your repertoire. Besides, crochet has it's benefits: It's much easier to do
      on the beach (I always pick up a few crochet projects over the summer); if
      you're already a knitter, some of your skills can easily translate over to
      crochet (especially if you knit left-handed); and crocheting is just plain
      better at certain things than knitting is. This book will be the perfect
      crochet primer for both total newbies as well as those with developed
      knitting skills, and will include special "for knitters only" tips to help
      you get through the rough spots. Not only that, even if you've never felt
      the urge to get hooking before, the projects in this book will be so cool,
      they'll make you want to give it a try.

      Speaking of cool projects, that's where you come in: I'm looking for
      contributions of the funnest, most awesome, hippest crochet projects, using
      any and all crochet methods (the book will cover it all), from the simple to
      the more challenging. The projects can range from clothing to accessories to
      household items to jewelry to baby things and pet items. Whether you're a
      closet or out-in-the-open crocheter, I'd love you to contribute to the book.
      Even first-time designers are invited to contribute. If you're familiar with
      my two knitting books, you know the kinds of things I'm looking for.

      But get crackin', because the deadline is March 7th!

      To contribute, please send the following:

      1) If you have a completed project, please send a few good-quality photos of
      the item, along with a detailed description of it. Please email your photos
      and description to me at stitchnbitch@..., and be sure to include your
      full name, email addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, and mailing
      address. You can also mail these to me here: Debbie Stoller, BUST Magazine,
      78 Fifth Ave, 5th floor, New York, NY 10011.

      OR

      2) If you have an idea for a project but have not yet completed it, that's
      okay too. Just send me a very clear, detailed sketch of your idea, along
      with a photo of a swatch made in the yarns and stitch pattern you plan to
      use. This swatch should be rather large: 10" x 10" would be the best, if
      it's possible (for some types of projects that might not be possible.) Email
      that to me at stitchnbitch@..., and be sure to include your full name,
      email addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, and mailing address. You
      can also mail these to me here: Debbie Stoller, BUST Magazine, 78 Fifth Ave,
      5th floor, New York, NY 10011.

      If your project is accepted, you will be provided with the yarn you need to
      produce a sample, which will be photographed for the book and kept by me (to
      take on tour, 'natch!). You will also be paid for your submission, and will
      receive a free copy of the book once it is completed.

      If you have any questions about the process, feel free to email me. Thanks
      in advance, everyone!

      xxxooo debbie stoller
      Author, "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook" and "Stitch 'n Bitch
      Nation"
      http://www.knithappens.com

      *** PLEASE NOTE: BE SURE TO SEND ANY EMAIL ABOUT THIS DIRECTLY TO ME AT
      STITCHNBITCH@..., AND NOT TO THE ENTIRE EMAIL LIST.***

      p.s. Knitters, don't fret. You haven't seen the last of my knitting books
      yet.