Information about knitting at the library

  • Annemarie Neff
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      Below is the information from the library about the knitting club they are
      starting there in January.

      If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits and joining
      the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could make our last
      meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would rather view it
      as a supplement, that works for me too.

      From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....

      We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
      First day is January 11th.

      We have four librarians that work here and three of us knit and the other
      one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for this club is for it to be
      loosely structured and not pure instruction. We are going to try and have
      one of our staff at every Wednesday, but unfortunately our priority has to
      be to keep the library operating and not knitting. So there may be days when
      the club will need to function without a leader. So of course we would love
      and welcome your members to come, join, teach and knit.

      I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have come looking for books on
      knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.

      I have attached the flyer, so spread the word. If you want to stop by, I'm
      usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.

      Cherilyn Stewart
      Logan Square Branch
      (312) 744-5295

    • McGee,Sharon
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
        count me in for Logan square. I think it's a great idea.

        Sharon McGee
        IT Service Desk/Vendor Service
        312-817-2572
        Sharon.Mcgee@...

        Below is the information from the library about the knitting
        club they are
        starting there in January.

        If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits
        and joining
        the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could
        make our last
        meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would
        rather view it
        as a supplement, that works for me too.

        From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....

[...]

        Craft hobby
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby
        +and+craft+supply&w3=Logan+square&c=3&s=63&.sig=9V6XV_7Cx2IbMV0QJ2iwEA>
        Hobby and craft supply
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hob
        by&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Logan+square&c=3&s=63&.sig=IH_mmdbGOGK-7
        Ah0FUZx9Q> Logan square
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Logan+square&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobb
        y+and+craft+supply&w3=Logan+square&c=3&s=63&.sig=uscfvguP8WtiniVYBF2uSw>

        Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        ________________________________

        E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
        addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
        intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
        immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you
        are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
        storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
          I can't really make meetings during the week at 6:30, so I think the library
          is a good idea, but I would like to keep our regular meetings and use the
          library as a suplimental meeting if that works for everyone else . . .

          -Becca

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
            Hello All,

            I will abide by the consensus of the group about
            whether to keep logan2knits running. I am ambivalent
            about it.

            I would like to keep logan2knits running. This is in
            part because getting to the library by 6:30 pm will be
            difficult for me. But the most important reason is
            that I really like the group dynamic and the
            individuals who participate! There is always such a
            welcoming atmosphere, and our gatherings have been so
            fun lately.

            At the same time, I don't assume that merging with the
            library club will mess up the positive experience--we
            might get some great people who couldn't come before.
            Also, I understand that keeping our group running is
            probably considerably more work than merging with the
            library group, and Annemarie has carried much of this
            burden.

            If we do disband, I suggest we get together informally
            for knitting parties away from the library now and
            then. [That way we can do things we can't in a
            library, such as booze it up, pig out and swear
            loudly. ;-)]

            Best,

            Joyce

            > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch
            > library.....
            >
            > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on
            > Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
            > First day is January 11th.
            >
            > We have four librarians that work here and three of
            > us knit and the other
            > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for
            > this club is for it to be
            > loosely structured and not pure instruction. We are
            > going to try and have
            > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but
            > unfortunately our priority has to
            > be to keep the library operating and not knitting.
            > So there may be days when
            > the club will need to function without a leader. So
            > of course we would love
            > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and
            > knit.
            >
            > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have
            > come looking for books on
            > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
            >
            > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word. If
            > you want to stop by, I'm
            > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
            >
            > Cherilyn Stewart
            > Logan Square Branch
            > (312) 744-5295

            Joyce M. Fitzgerald

            3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

            bigwildonion@...
            jfitzg7@...

            (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2005
              I, for one, would be very sorry to see our lovely group disband in
              order to join some johnny-come-lately library club! My vote is to
              continue with our group AND visit the library occasionally as a
              supplement to our meetings.

              Hope to see you all Sunday!
              -Denise

              --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Annemarie Neff

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
                I think I am partial to retaining our group too. I will probably not
                be able to attend anything for a few months while I go back to work.
                But I want the group to be there when I am available! It is a totally
                selfish desire on my part.

                On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

                > Hi Folks,
                >
                > Below is the information from the library about the knitting club they
                > are
                > starting there in January.
                >
                > If there is interest from the group in disbanding logan2knits and
                > joining
                > the library group once a week, let me know.... If so, we could make
                > our last
                > meeting Sunday, January 8 at Margaret's place. If folks would rather
                > view it
                > as a supplement, that works for me too.
                >
                > From Cherilyn Stewart at the Logan Square branch library.....
                >
                > We are starting a Knitting for All Ages Club on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
                > First day is January 11th.
                >
                > We have four librarians that work here and three of us knit and the
                > other
                > one is learning, of course. Our goal and plan for this club is for it
                > to be
                > loosely structured and not pure instruction.  We are going to try and
                > have
                > one of our staff at every Wednesday, but unfortunately our priority
                > has to
                > be to keep the library operating and not knitting. So there may be
                > days when
                > the club will need to function without a leader.  So of course we
                > would love
                > and welcome your members to come, join, teach and knit.
                >
                > I already have a list of 4 or 5 people that have come looking for
                > books on
                > knitting, so I think we should get a decent number.
                >
                > I have attached the flyer, so spread the word.  If you want to stop
                > by, I'm
                > usually here until 9 pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
                >
                > Cherilyn Stewart
                > Logan Square Branch
                > (312) 744-5295

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 16, 2005
                  I have to say I would enjoy retaining our group. Maybe we could find some
                  sort of compramise with the library group. Looking forward to seeing you
                  all on Sunday. I will bake cookies for the holiday fete portion of this
                  week's entertainment.

                  -Marita