Do it Your Own D*mn Self Craft Fair!!

  • Lisa Whiting
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2010
      Oh you craft-lover! We know you appreciate the work that goes into
      handmade goods. But perhaps you've considered trying your hand at a
      craft yourself but have resisted the urge due to the cost of buying
      all the supplies and not knowing what is good and what is not. Or
      perhaps you know where your crafty heart lies but you love getting
      deals on the supplies you need.

      Come and see Sifu Design Studio and all the fine yarn this saturday. We
      have yarn, needles, books, magazines, patterns, new and vintage!

      Either way the Do It Your Own D*mn Self craft supply show on Saturday
      4/17 from 12-4pm is for you. Come join us at a new location at 2312 N.
      Milwaukee. We're just west of Foremost Liquors which is right at the
      corner of California and Milwaukee. We're just around the corner from
      the California Blue Line stop and across the street from Revolution
      Brewing. And we're going to be packed to the gills with craft supplies
      that are just waiting for someone creative and inspired to take them
      home.

      Admission to the show is *free* so bring all of your friends.

      Parking is on the street. Unfortunately we can't park in the lot next
      to the building, but street parking should be easy to find.

      There are ATMs very close by. Some vendors may be able to take checks
      or credit cards but plan on bringing cash just in case. You really
      don't want to have to risk letting someone walk away with the beads,
      yarn, tools that you just need. Right?

      Look at the bottom of this email for a complete list of the types of
      things you can find at this year's show.

      And if you're more interested in growing your crafty business than
      growing your craft stash, we'd love to see you join us at the Craft
      Racket on Wednesday, April 21 from 6-9pm. We'll be at Beans & Bagels
      near the Brown Line Montrose stop at 1812 W. Montrose. This time we'll
      be discussing how to effectively use Twitter and Facebook to connect
      with shoppers and grow your business. If you're interested in
      attending, just send an email to chicagocraftmafia@.... We hope
      to see you there.

      Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at either the craft supply
      show or the networking event.

      Thanks,
      The Chicago Craft Mafia

      List of supplies:
      apparel fabric
      art supplies
      art teacher supplies
      assemblage supplies
      basket making supplies
      beach glass
      beads
      blank cards & envelopes
      book scraps
      boxes
      bric-a-brac
      buckles
      buttons
      card stock
      cameras
      charcoal
      chunky gemstones
      cigar boxes
      collage materials
      cording
      cosmetic tins
      craft punches
      crochet supplies
      crystals
      dichroic glass
      display equipment
      drafting supplies
      drawing supplies
      dyes
      envelopes
      ephemera
      eyelets
      fabric, fabric and more fabric
      fabric by the bolt
      felt
      floral design books
      fringe
      glass
      glass tiles
      glass beadmaking torch setup
      glue
      handmade glass lampwork beads and pendants
      handbag making supplies
      how to books
      jewelry findings
      jewelry making supplies