Ravelympic Gathering

  • catherine taylor
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
      Hi Ladies, I'd like to host a meeting soon. Unfortunately I don't think I can on Friday the 12th for the Opening Ceremony.

      I was thinking Sunday but that's Valentine's Day... I can do Sunday the 14th or Monday or perhaps a later date.

      What do you think ladies?

      Joyce, do you have a preference? You must have a lot going on, is there a day that works especially well for you?

      Cate

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
        Hi Cate,
        I'll be getting back into town on the 14th, and I have to help set up for
        the pancake supper at church on Monday night. So I'm afraid I won't be
        available those nights. Although I would love to attend a mtg at your house
        Cate!
        --Lee

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
          Hi Cate! I'm very sorry, Sunday and Monday are scheduled really tight for me.

          I could do something in the afternoon on Sunday the 21st.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
            Don't be Sorry. Maybe the 21st at 1:00?

            ________________________________

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
              the 21st is good with me. will the olympics be over then?

              gerri

              --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, catherine taylor <taylorcatherinea@...> wrote:

              > Don't be Sorry. Maybe the 21st at 1:00?

            • Geraldine Newfry
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                does anyone have an idea for where to go for opening ceremonies? i posted
                some on the ravelry group.

                gerri

                On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM, catherine taylor <taylorcatherinea@...

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                  The 21st at 1 PM is very good for me.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                    Gerri, I liked all your suggestions. I think I would give slight preference to Dunlays or Streetside.

                    I would have to arrive later than the 8 PM start time.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                      Good for me too!

                      From: "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>
                      Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:23:33
                      To: <logan2knits@yahoogroups.com>

                    • leesstein@spacecushion.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                        So its going to be on the 21st at what time and where?
                        Lee

                        From: lisardarnell@...
                        Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:28:23
                        To: <logan2knits@yahoogroups.com>

                        Good for me too!

                        From: "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...>
                        Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:23:33
                        To: <logan2knits@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                          21st at 1pm at Cate's. :)

                          ________________________________

                          From: lisardarnell@ yahoo.com
                          Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:28:23
                          To: <logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com>

                          Good for me too!

                          From: "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>
                          Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:23:33
                          To: <logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com>

                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010
                            Aww crapola. I won’t be able to attend. I have a massage seminar that day from 9-5.
                            --Lee

                            From: lisardarnell@ yahoo.com
                            Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:28:23
                            To: <logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com>

                            Good for me too!

                            From: "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>
                            Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:23:33
                            To: <logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com>

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 10, 2010
                              Hello all--

                              Unfortunately, I can't go out on Friday the 12th.

                              I'm very sorry about this, especially since starting a Ravelympics team was my idea. I just had no idea I would be moving out of state when I proposed it.

                              I really hope to see as many of you as possible on the 21st at Cates'

                              Joyce

                              does anyone have an idea for where to go for opening ceremonies? i posted
                              some on the ravelry group.

                              gerri

                              On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM, catherine taylor <taylorcatherinea@...
                              > wrote:

                              > Don't be Sorry. Maybe the 21st at 1:00?
                              >
                              > ________________________________

                            • Geraldine Newfry
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 10, 2010
                                i'll miss you joyce.

                                i thought i posted a message to the group, but i don't see it in my inbox.
                                i propose we go to streetside, at the corner of kedzie and armitage, on
                                friday. the coverage starts at 6:30, but i won't be able to arrive until
                                7:30.

                                does that sound good? or does someone have another suggestion?

                                gerri

                                On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@...

                              • Geraldine Newfry
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                  is anyone interested in streetside? i just don't want to go knit there
                                  alone when i could be on my comfy couch looking at my big tv. :)

                                  gerri

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                    Hi Gerri,
                                    I would love to meet you at streetside but that day I'm attending another massage seminar, which is all day, so I know ill be too tired to go out again. Sorry.
                                    Lee

                                    From: Geraldine Newfry <gerri@...>
                                    Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:59:21
                                    To: <logan2knits@yahoogroups.com>

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                      thanks for letting me know lee!!

                                      On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:28 PM, <leesstein@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Gerri,
                                      > I would love to meet you at streetside but that day I'm attending another
                                      > massage seminar, which is all day, so I know ill be too tired to go out
                                      > again. Sorry.
                                      > Lee

                                    • catherine taylor
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 11, 2010
                                        Hi Gerri, Unfortunately I can't commit, long boring story. I may end up free, if you want to come hang with me and Bean I can let you know by 3 or 4pm...
                                        Cate

                                        > I would love to meet you at streetside but that day I'm attending another
                                        > massage seminar, which is all day, so I know ill be too tired to go out
                                        > again. Sorry.
                                        > Lee

                                      • Geraldine Newfry
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 12, 2010
                                          thanks for letting me know. i think i'll stick on the comfie couch with the
                                          big tv :) but i will definitely see you on the 21st.

                                          gerri