RE: [logan2knits] Team Logan Square for the Ravelympics?

  • Denise Bolton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11, 2010
      Okay, I may be far away, but I still want to be on the team!
      -Denise

      To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com
      From: bigwildonion@...
      Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:06:01 +0000
      Subject: [logan2knits] Team Logan Square for the Ravelympics?

      Anybody want to join me in starting a Ravelympics team this year? We could have a real silly opening cast on ceremony at a bar, I bet.

      http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravelympics-2010

      Also, is anyone up for Guild Night on Tuesday, Jan. 19? I plan to be there, and would be delighted to hang out with any of my NW side knitters before/during/after.

      http://windycityknittingguild.com/

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
        You can read up on Ravelympics here:

        http://www.ravelry. com/groups/ ravelympics- 2010

        Team sign ups end on Jan. 15. So let me know if you are in by this Friday morning.

        Go Logan Square!

        Joyce Maureen Fitzgerald
        Logan Square Cooperative
        3946 W. George, 2nd floor
        Chicago, IL  60618

        773-580-7669 home/cell
        joyce.fitzgerald@...
        bigwildonion@...

        ________________________________
        I'll definitely be at the Guild on 1/19, and the ravelympics sounds
        intriguing! What's the challenge?
        --lee

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
          I like the idea--knit something that you start when the Olympic torch is lit and try to finish by the end of the Olympics--fun. Do we have to join Ravelery or can we just have fun on our own?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
            Of course you can have fun on your own!

            If you want to participate in the Ravelympics stuff on Ravelry, you do have to join Ravelry.

            But I don't see why the whole darn list (plus all our friends and loved ones!) would not be invited to any Ravelympics event our group might have.

            ________________________________
            I like the idea--knit something that you start when the Olympic torch is lit and try to finish by the end of the Olympics--fun. Do we have to join Ravelery or can we just have fun on our own?

            > Okay, I may be far away, but I still want to be on the
            > team!
            > -Denise
            >
            > To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com
            > From: bigwildonion@ yahoo.com
            > Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:06:01 +0000
            > Subject: [logan2knits] Team Logan Square for the
            > Ravelympics?

            > Anybody want to join me in starting a
            > Ravelympics team this year? We could have a real silly
            > opening cast on ceremony at a bar, I bet.
            >

            > http://www.ravelry. com/groups/ ravelympics- 2010
            >

            > Also, is anyone up for Guild Night on Tuesday, Jan. 19? I
            > plan to be there, and would be delighted to hang out with
            > any of my NW side knitters before/during/ after.
            >

            > http://windycitykni ttingguild. com/

            > Say Happy New Year with Messenger for Mobile.
            > http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9706117

            > logan2knits- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

          • Kari Balck
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2010
              Joyce,

              I would love to participate!  I think the cadet hat my mother-in-law requested would be the perfect project.

              Kari